Chapter Twenty-Six: Summer Love

Start from the beginning

   The last thing I expected was to come face-to-face with Grace Mcloyne. She bit her lip as I cocked my eyebrow at her. A simple non-verbal question. What the hell do you want?

   "Look, Summer, I just want to say how sorry I am. I didn't actually think something like that had happened to you. I honestly just thought you were weird."

   "Well, thanks Grace. You're doing wonderfully so far at this apology." I commented, looking over my shoulder briefly to see who was up next. Nope, not Liam.

   "I know, I just... Oh!" She reached into her bag and pulled out a small book. A very familiar small, black book. "I never gave this back to you. I am so sorry. I honestly am, I would never have read it out if I knew something like that was in there." She said quietly.

   "Thank you, Grace, but my forgiveness will take time." I said back, placing the private book in my pack. She nodded slowly and slightly eagerly. "So, thank you. But I'm sorry, I can't accept your apology just yet."

   "Of course. I did make all your years a living Hell." She said offhandedly, before sauntering off to her usual crowd.

   "Liam Payne."

   Loud cheers erupted from the crowd, obviously because of the fact that my boyfriend was extremely famous. I spun on my heel and found myself grinning goofily at the handsome boy - no, man - walking onto the stage. He had a broad grin plastered on his face and I felt pride swell in my chest. He accepted his certificate, giving an extra thanks to the principal - and somehow putting on a subtle glare, as to his rude behaviour months ago and his consistency to hastling me - before walking off stage.

   The boys, even though they wanted to congratulate Liam, stayed seated like how I told them too. We didn't need the attention on anyone other than the graduating seniors, I continuously reminded them before the ceremony.

   "It's over." I breathed as Liam reached my side and grabbed me by the hips. He lifted me into the air and I squealed just as another loud round of applause erupted. My arms circled their way around his neck and I laughed as he spun me around. As he placed me on his feet, he brought his lips to mine.

   "Everything we've been though, Summer... I would go through it again, for you." I bit my lip to keep the happy tears in check and he smiled. "I love you."

   "I love you too." I replied, before guiding his tilted-up lips to mine. After a moment of a heated lip-lock session, I finally found the strength within me to pull away. Just in time it seemed as the last name was called.

   "I've got a surprise for you." Liam said quietly, just before the boys ran over hurriedly.

   "Congratulations!" Louis exclaimed as he pulled me into a huge bear hug. I grinned at him and tucked my face into his neck. He laughed and shouted, "GROUP HUG!" And just like that, Liam joined followed by Zayn, Niall, Harry, Anna, Caleb, Jay, Jenny, Dylan and Saige. It was surreal having all my friends here, and knowing I was finally free. My thoughts dimmed slightly as they travelled to the whereabouts of my parents. I still didn't know, and as everyone pulled away, I found Liam and hugged him to me. He was the only one that filled me with enough love to replace the loss of my parents'. He was the only one who could reassure me in times like these everything would be perfect, and fine, and everything would turn out how it was supposed.

   And apparently, it did.

   "Look behind you, Summer." Liam whispered into my ear, before placing a tender kiss on the side of my head. I slowly turned, slightly confused, and found the pride-filled faces of my job-addicted parents.

   "Mom, dad!" I exclaimed as I leapt away from Liam and jumped to them like the little girl I was. Dad caught me in his arms, and mom came in front of him, and before I knew it, I was in another group hug. Except with my parents.