Chapter Sixteen: Still The One

Hey guys!

I'm trying to keep updates every couple of days now, so do not fear!

I have officially finished my school year! Aww yeah! Super happy, but here comes fulltime work :/

Anyways, here's chapter sixteen!

Enjoy :-)

==========================================================

Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved

Chapter Sixteen: Still The One

Liam's POV

I knew this would happen. As soon as I saw her face freeze, I knew she wouldn't take the news as I had always fantasized.

Taking an inaudible breath I whispered. "I love you, Summer." As she grasped the door handle.

She turned her head slightly and nodded without looking at me. I closed my eyes and heard the murmurs from the boys outside, trying hard not to think about her lack of response to my confession.

Maybe she didn't love me anymore.

The door opened and my head snapped up, maybe she changed her mind. My hopes diminished as the boys walked, all but Niall. I hung my head and bit my lip, a habit that I had been trying to break for a while, but nervousness over-ruled my progress.

"We're sorry, mate." Harry said lowly as he took a seat beside me, in the only chair, and gave me a pat on the back.

"That's not what he needs, Harold." Louis tsked, walking over to me, but I barely noticed. I saw Harry raise his brow as Louis leant in and gave me a huge bear hug. I didn't respond, only patted him on the back awkwardly, but he didn't seem to notice.

"Where's Niall?" I asked as Louis pulled away.

Zayn glanced at the door, before turning to me. "I think he's taking Summer home, she was kind of upset."

"Kind of." I scoffed, looking away when Zayn smiled apologetically.

"I don't even know how I'm going to fix this guys. She's not going to just going to come back and say everything is okay, that she would love for paparazzi and crazy fangirls to try and get the latest drama in One Direction. I'm sure she would love that." I said exasperatedly, running my fingers through my hair.

"Don't worry about it, mate. She'll come back when she's thought it through." Louis reassured me, taking a seat on the floor beside Harry. I nodded and bit my lip. I honestly didn't believe that at all. there was no way Summer would come back after this. I thought I was ready to tell her I was only here for school, that I was actually in one of the world's most famous boyband, I thought I was ready. It was just too soon, but I knew it was inevitable.

I winced as a sharp pain in my side caused me to bend over with a hiss. All the guys jumped up from what I could hear, but my eyes were closed and scrunched in pain.

"Liam, what's wrong?" Zayn asked. I felt someone put a gentle hand on my back. What I would give to have Summer by my side to comfort me, but that wasn't possible. She didn't want to see me.

The pain in my side multiplied and it felt like flames were searing my stab wound, I felt like I couldn't breath.

Laying back and grunting from the soreness, I managed to breath out. "Get the doctor." Before everything went black.

***

Summer's POV

I followed Niall out of the hospital and couldn't help but feel my expression fall into a deep frown. This turned out to be the worst night, ever.