Special 1K Chapter

'Fuck!'

'Fuck...'

'I'm fine!'

'I was fine! You idiot! You can do this!'

Surrounded by a row of mirrors each reflecting all the same; my confidence crumbling away.

Sweaty palms, palpitations, literally feels as if my heart is going to jump out of my chest. My semi styled raven hair now looks worse than before, seriously no comb or amount of wax could tame this!

'It's fine Ash, you're made for each other, you been together for years, you survived, she saved you, she loves you and you love her an-'

"Ash? Dude! You in her-" Best man of the moment Gary's voice stops short making eye contact through the now publicly open men's bathroom door. "Don't think I've seen you this stressed out since Serena was in labour mate. You okay?"

'Yep. Perfectly. Fine" I said through gritted teeth and clenching my hand.

"Don't give me that shit Ashy Boi! I've been your oldest friend which means that we're practically brothers. Now stop being a big headed dick, and tell me what's wrong!" Gary stated in his 'don't give a shit' voice.

I let out the biggest stressful breath I've ever held onto, "I keep getting... nervous that she might decide not to marry me." I started, not wanting to see the expression on his face. "Plus, I don't think I can make it through it, I mean after I keep thinking the first thing, I then tell myself that 'that is a load of crap' then I start thinking of people who should be here that aren't. Lysander... even my own dad Gary... I won't be able to share this moment with him ever, he'll never meet Logan, watch him grow, he hasn't seen the man I've become, and I owe so much to both of them... it's so hard to think if I'm doing the right thing for the woman I love and now my son... I- I don't want to let anyone down..." I felt a warm wet tear sliding down my cheek, quickly wiping it away I ran the cold tap splashing my face.

Gary hadn't said a word since my 'confession' for once in my life, I'd never been more nervous for his thoughts than now. I glanced over my shoulder seeing his facial expression had me... confused.

"What?! I literally gave you one of the biggest confession of my life, on my wedding day and for once, YOU GOT NOTHING TO SAY!" I announced loudly.

"Is that all that's wrong?" He said still standing there looking suspiciously happy with himself.

Nodding as I spun back facing the mirror. I just stood there listening to nothing till Gary surprisingly said "for starters you and Serena are meant to be together, honestly I've never known anyone to give up so much that you have for the sake of one girl. Your first instinct is to make her smile, your devotion to her is incredible so much so you both have a beautiful baby boy who is by far the best thing to happen for everyone. You may not have the people you want here but their here through Logan, making sure his dad is always kept on his toes."

He walks up clasping his hand on my shoulder looking at me in the mirror seeing my every expression. If anything he would be one of two people too see me at my worst. I've never had anyone who stood by me through anything as much as him.

"Ash, you've got nothing to worry about, it's all in you head mate. You got your woman out there ready to take your last name, stand by everything she even took a freaking bullet for you dude! If that's not love then I don't know what is... now drink this, it will steady the nerves." Gary said setting down a familiar hip flask.

Smirking, picking it up taking a few generous gulps... "shit Gary! What the hell is in that!" I asked trying not to throw up the burning liquor.

"Hm? Oh Gramps gave me this, said it would steady any nerves and I thought it would be perfect for today!" He boasted taking a swig himself.