New Start For Me

Serena's POV
'Beep!' 'Beep!'

"No it can't be morning already?!" Groaning at the sound of my alarm reaching over turning it off.

'That was an intense dream' I thought to myself sitting up in bed. I dreamt of the day I left Kalos. Remembering it was the hardest decision I'd ever made.

I kept having the same dream when I found out about my father being alive and then I see Ash hurting afterwards trying to keep me safe. Begging me not to run away. I shook my head dismissively not wanting to think about it.

In my time here in Unova, I haven't once heard from Ash or anyone for that matter. Maybe he has forgotten about me? Or maybe he simply doesn't care. Either way, I had to do what what was best for me.

"Come on Sere!! We gotta leave for work in an hour!" A girly voice shouted through my closed door.

Contemplating decisions of staying in my warm bed, I know couldn't just sit here and regret about the past. I need to get on with my life.

"Coming Shauna!" I shouted back.

I met Shauna when I first arrived in Unova. She was working the graveyard shift at the cafe where I was brought too.

*Flashback*

Arriving though the gate at the Airport, clutching onto my handbag and suitcase, I walked outside waiting for a taxi.

After some time later, once the que started to diminish, A yellow car pulled up next to me with a 'Taxi' sign on top. A young looking girl, with wild purple hair leant over shouting "Hey you need a lift hun... you look a bit lost!"
Wide eyed startled, I replied "oh... um yeah I do, is it that obvious? Hehe I just want to get a coffee... do you know I can go and get a decent one?" I asked smiling nervously at her.
"Sure... hop in, I'll take you there! I know a great place" she replied. I smiled and got in her car as she drove us to the place. It was a bit silent on they so I started a conversation. "So where is it we are heading too?" I asked. Seeing her smile as she looked over at me, "where we're heading its the best Dina in all of Unvoa, its called Dine 'n' Go I have been going there for years as I know the owner AND he gives me free food!" She said happily while giggling.
"So, I never actually got your name..." She asked looking over at me.
"Oh..." I said, I hadn't thought of that "Sere... my name is Sere, and what's yours?"
"Oh me? I'm Iris! Nice to meet you Sere! So I don't mean to pry but you look like someone who is looking for a fresh start. Am I right?"
"Yeah I suppose I am" I replied thinking deep in thought. "The place where we're heading is like family to me, I think they might have a job going if your interested?" Iris said causally.
"Really? Iris why are you being so nice to me? You don't know me." I mumbled in disbelief that someone is being kind.
"Sere, you remind me of me. Back some time ago I moved away looking for a fresh start and the family that I mentioned earlier, took me in and helped me back on my feet, I owe them my life... I suppose you have that same look in your eyes as I did back then." Iris finished smiling sympathetically.
"Thanks Iris, I would really appreciate that. I smiled back feeling a wave of relief over me.

*Flash Back Ends*

I felt at ease, once we arrived, Iris introduced me to Shauna. We spent hours just talking and we all got on really well. Next thing I know I found out that Shauna's old roommate Nini, just moved out, so she offered me a place to stay. On the condition that we become best friends and work with her at the cafe.