Followed

Ash's POV

'Buzz! Buzz!' I felt my phone go off in my pocket. I pulled out my phone from my pocket and looked to see who is calling me. It was my contact that I had referred that low life dick Calem too. I began wondering why he was calling me, he knows the procedure. Excusing myself from the table I walked outside of the pub and strode over to the bench to take a seat.

Picking up the call, "Clem? Everything good?" I held my breath in anticipation.

"Ash. We have an issue-" I went wide eyed in panic. "What issue Clem?" I heard him sigh, "looking over the deeds to the house, he used his passport and his birth certificate as an ID." My brow furrowed inwards. "And it's standard shit though right?" trying not to sound irritated. "Yes Ash it is, however its what we didn't know about him. That's the issue. Ash. Calem's biological father is Giovanni."

I raised up from my seat, with anger pulsing through my blood at the name. "Repeat that Clem." "Gio is Calem's dad." Clemont said sternly.

"Has the deeds transferred into Se's name?"

"Yes, Ash it's all done she owns the house, the mortgage is paid off too so it's up to her what she wants to do with it."

I need confirmation. "Where is that dick now?"

Clemont answered me, "Calem? He is back at the house, he left here about an hour ago. Ash you don't think this is the last we will see him is it?"

"No Clem..." I sighed deeply, "he will be back at some point. The will has been changed now, so Se is now the one who will be a target if anyone else found out."

"Ash, as the family's advisory, it's in my best interest to over see the financial assets, Lysander asked me directly as his last wish to make sure Serena stays safe. Trust me mate. No one will know."

Gratefully nodding at his answer, if he says that then it means a lot. I remember times where he got me off charges with run ins with the police for being too drunk. I trusted Clemont with my life. "Thanks Clem, see you"

I hung the phone up and trying to process the new information. I now fully understood why Calem put up with Serena for so long. He wanted to be top boss in Kalos. Nausea overcame me with thoughts of what he would have done to Se. I truly think that she had no idea who his family were.

Breathing deeply the fresh air to compose myself before I tell Lysander the information. I heard footsteps crunching on the gravel behind me. Peering round my shoulder I saw Se. She was a vision of bravery and kindness.

I turned round to meet her gaze. Watching her walking towards me with her arms folded to keep her warm, her smile reaching sided to side of her face. I walked towards to meet her. I pulled her into a tight hug and refused to let go. I continued to hold her and refused to let go, my hand brought up to her head so I can feel her soft hair complimented her sweetly fruity smell from her shampoo.

I knew she could tell I was nervous, she brought her arms round my waist, and held me tightly and refused to let me go.

"Se?"I asked while still hugging her.

"Hmm...Yeah Ash?" She replied.

"I need to ask you something... something about Calem." I loosened my hold on her to she mirrored my actions and I could see the tears in her eyes from the events of yesterday.

She let go of me fully and walked over to the bench where she took a seat. I followed her and took a seat beside her. Holding her hands to reassure her, I don't want to hurt her. "Se? I have to ask. How did you meet Calem?"

She had tears in her eyes falling down on her hands. She took a deep breath and began "Calem, was my friends, friend. My friend introduced us at a party for my birthday. Thinking back about it now, it felt forced, when I met him it was like he knew everything about me before I told him anything. He passed it off as my friend told him. So afterwards my friend kept insisting that I go out with him, just give him a chance. So I did, I knew it was probably the wrong way, but it felt like he got me Ash. Like he got who I was better than me....Why did you want to know?"