I Can Give Her Space

Serena's POV

The journey home with Ash was as awkward as it could be. We didn't make any conversation on the way back to his place. To be honest the journey home was longer than the way we took.

A few hours past and we finally made it back home. Ash didn't even hold my hand on the way to the front door.

Going up in the elevator, us standing side by side. Ash finally spoke up. "Are you going to talk to me? Or are you just going to ignore me?"

I carried on staring at the floor. His words hurt me. I tried to speak out my feelings but I was a lost with the words.

"Ok Serena... I get it your pissed. Tonight has been tough for you, but there is no need to ignore me." He spoke angrily at me. The tone in his voice made me nervous as if I had done something wrong.

I knew I hadn't done anything wrong. I had been lied too by everyone I knew. All I wanted to do is to have some time by myself to think things through.

The elevator reached his floor and Ash pressed on ahead ignoring me. He opened the front door when I only reached half way down the hall. As I got in I stood in one spot after shutting the front door. I saw that Ash pulled out some Jacks and began drinking it straight. Pouring himself another glass, he took the glass and the bottle on the balcony and sat outside.

I watched him sulk as he went past me. My feelings always got the better of me. I started to think he is like this because of me. I started to feel guilty that I shouted at him before. All of my emotions got the better of me, unfortunately for Ash he was in the firing range.

My stubbornness kicked in. I refused to let this go so quickly. I have been affected too. I made my way to the bathroom and have a shower. Maybe that would help me?

After running the cold water for a few minutes hoping it would help me see sense. In this case for me it didn't. I had made my decision. I turned on the hot water and began to wash myself. I had to leave. Get away from here. I had too.

After I turned off the shower I dried off and took a peak outside the door to see where Ash was. I saw from my position, he still sat outside drinking.

This is my chance.

I quickly ran into the bedroom, I didn't even put the light on to see. I didn't want to have the conversation with Ash right now. I got my stuff, and put it in the suitcase, while I got dressed and headed towards the front door.

Before I left I began writing a letter to Ash asking him not to follow me. I need space. I need time to think.

Certain with my decision, I couldn't see any other way to resolve this. I got dressed into something causal and as quietly as I could left his apartment. I made my way down the elevator onto the street.

I felt the adrenaline coursing through my veins. I made my way over to the bus station and waited patiently for the next bus to the airport. I knew this is the right decision for me.

Ash's POV

Some time had past, I was still sitting outside on my own balcony feeling sorry for myself. I knew I need to make this right. She really has been through so much in a short amount of time.

Swallowing my own pride, I downed the rest of my drink, and made my way inside expecting to see her in bed asleep.

As I got inside I could see that the room was empty. The overall picture doesn't look right, I can't see her suitcase.
'Maybe she just put it way out of view and she is sitting on the sofa.' I kept telling myself hoping it was true.