Entire Empire

Calem POV

Collapsed on the ground, I had to catch my breath. My vision was pulsating with anger, shock, the fact that Ash nearly beat me to death. And for what?! He's not dead. He is not fucking dead! I thought he was dead. We all saw him get shot. I should have known!

I glanced up with bloodshot eyes at Looker and Jenny. Their serious faces meant everything they said was the truth. I felt a pair of hands wrapped round under my arms, it was Gary pulling me up from the ground, his face expressed a serious look, as much as he hated me at this precise moment in time we all had a common enemy. Giovanni.

I saw Ash glance over his shoulder after speaking to Looker and Jenny. His face full of hatred, coldness filled in his eyes. If looks can kill. I would certainly be dead. After regaining my balance, with the help of Gary. He helped me over to Ash, Looker and Jenny. I glanced down at the ground, listening to the deep breaths taken in by Ash.

"Did you know about this?" Ash's tone of voice cut me like a knife. I failed. I know I had failed I looked up hoping he would understand that I had nothing to do with this. Gio just confirmed my suspicions. I couldn't fool him. Now he will be coming for me.

Locking my sight with Ash's, I replied "No, I didn't. He never told me that he wore a bulletproof vest."

Feeling the anger, rage and frustration building up again I snapped. "Do you think for one fucking minute that I knew he was?! I now have a fucking price on my head. They will be looking for me!" I never realised that I was now facing Ash, fists clenched so tight that blood was trickling from my hands into the floor.

I had pierced my own skin with my own nails. I didn't care. I wanted to feel that pain. It's nothing compared to what I deserved.

Ash looked at me with disgust written on his face. He once agin grabbed me by my collar, my eyes clenched tightly waiting for the impact on my face. "Let me save you the fucking trouble of waiting. I'll fucking kill you right here. Right now!"

"What the fuck Ash!" Gary's hands tried to loosen Ash's grip on my collar.

"KETCHUM!" Looker tried to control the situation. But that wasn't happening. I felt Jenny's hand round mine trying to loosen his grip too. It took all three of them to break us up.

Gary used so much force to get Ash off of me. I opened my eyes to see that Gary was stopping Ash! He got in between us arms forcefully pushing Ash off me. He stood between us firmly in place. I saw Ash trying to push past him. Like predator stalking it's prey. I was the prey.

"He's not fucking worth it Ash!"

"Think of Serena! Think of her!"

"Think of your girl! Your angel!"

"What would she say if she saw you now?!"

Gary was pleading with him, eventually his words were getting through to him. He was finally calming down, Ash took one look at Gary, I could see the sweat from his brow was evident. Glistening in the rising sun. Heavily breathing, Ash looked like he was going to to say something.

Gary still stood his ground. I couldn't make out what was going on inside his head After what felt ages when in reality it was a minute or two Gary spoke up. "Walk away Ash. Go and wait for the doc with news on Serena"

Ash tilted his head down to the ground, bring his hands up to his hair to tug them hard with his own frustration; he nodded in defeat, slowly placing his hands in his pockets, turned round and walked away.

Gary's POV

Never have I said those words to him. "Walk away Ash" he knew I was right, I wasn't going to let him do time for this low life prick. But right now his anger was justified. That's why I'm here.