Lonely Hour

A/N Hi everyone! Just the usual prewarning of mature chapter. I had a hard time trying to get the right feelings but I hope you like it. Remember please vote and leave a comment! Thanks!

Ash's POV

I felt my body turn ice cold. Watching Calem commit a murder like that!?  I just don't know how anyone can do that!

How is he going to not raise suspicion from Gio?

Remembering where I was I stood my ground, the area around was dead silent all I could hear is my heart thumping loudly. My vision was pulsating with fear of the unknown.

I watched as Calem turn back to face me. He look for a moment, like for a split second that he enjoyed it.

He enjoyed playing with life like it was nothing. He looked like enjoyed the rush of holding onto all the cards. In that particular moment I honestly didn't know what to think, I said to myself 'Shit'. He isn't going to help us. Looking into his cold emotionless eyes, he played me. He fucking played me.

In that short moment of time I remembered a voice that has brought me out of some of my darkest moments. 'Don't give up till it's over' it was my dad, my dad was trying to tell me that there is still hope.

There is still a job to do. My job is to protect Serena from harm.

I instinctively walked slowly to place myself between Calem and Serena. Hearing my frightened girl behind me, trying to hold back her frightened tears. I brought my hand back to show her I was never going to leave her.

Calem POV

'Wow!' What a rush! Determined with my choice of actions, I watched Ash stand between myself and Sere. 'Good he is keeping his promise' I thought.

I just remembered that Gary was by the side gate where the car was waiting for us. Playing along I recomposed myself and gestured the gun back towards Ash.

"Shall we go then? I really don't want to get blood on the carpet...it's a... yeah, a bitch to get out." I smirked sadistically at them.

"Whe- where are you...going to take us? Please Calem... don't do this... please!" A soft voice stuttering behind Ash, I slowly stepped to the side building the anticipation. I caught her gaze, the fear in her big ocean blue eyes... breathtakingly making me to become this monster.

Coldly I simple replied "you know I don't like to repeat myself Sere... now get the fuck up!"

She jumped back slightly in response to my tone. Reluctantly stood from the bed, shaking with fear and I watched with pain in my heart as she tightly took hold of Ash's hand.

Bringing the gun to the back of their heads, they took the pathway with my direction to outside.

After a few minutes of walking we finally reached the back door, opened it and walked over the bone dry grass that you can hear out multiple foot crunches.

There was no words spoken between anyone. We reached the edge of the garden in no time and I pointed the gun, reluctantly to urge them out as fast as possible.

"Go through that gate. Don't look back. Run" I couldn't look her in the eye.

Ash and Serena both turned to face me.
Serena's eyes became wide in fear, and then I could start to hear familiar crunches on the ground, 'shit!'

"Quick!" I pleaded "run!"

"Calem? What on earth do you think your doing?" I heard his voice go straight through me knowing exactly what I'm expecting to happen. I got the upper hand.