It's Your Choice

Lysander's POV

I saw in front of me, my only daughter. She is a beautiful young lady. I remember seeing her for the first time when she was born is a moment I would never forget. I remember being with the love of my life, for as short of time as it was, her mother Grace, she has done an amazing job raising our daughter.

I remember the day she was born holding her in my arms I was so proud, she never opened her eyes but the first words to her I said were "hi angel, I'm so happy to meet you, I'm your daddy" watching her reaction she smiled at me and took hold of my finger into her tiny hands.

In that very moment. I vowed to protect her from all harm, it was my job to protect her. And be a father.

I remembered 'that' night when I got a call from Grace. She was so distressed on the phone in tears, "Gracie what's wrong love?" She was continuously crying, she couldn't get any words out, I knew something was wrong so my instincts kicked in "okay love ... just answer yes or no okay?" Still hearing small sobs in the background she answers "yes"

"Okay are you and Serena alone?"

"No"

My heart rate quickened

"Is your lives in danger?"

I heard her crying harder than before. I held my breath waiting for the words I dreaded to hear. "Y-yeah"

"Okay Grace." I put my stern voice on and told her what to do. "Remain calm, don't do anything, tell them, I'm one my way."

I literally got back to the house within 30 mins of the call. I walked through the door to the house in pitch black, walking towards the corridor, I saw that the kitchen door was closed with the light on. I knew I would see my worst nightmare imaginable.

Not knowing what to expect, I hesitantly opened the kitchen door. The first thing I saw is the Moses basket with Serena sleeping soundly in, I look to the right into the kitchen a bit further, I saw Grace sitting down on a chair unconscious, tied up and gagged.

In the corner of the room, I saw the figure who threatened my family. Casually leaning with one foot on the wall, the figure had a mid length black coat, white shirt, brown hair combed back with a shine look in the light, his face is one I never wanted to cross paths with. Giovanni. Drug Lord to the Kanto region.

He noticed I entered the room, so Gio walked casually over to my Gracie, stood behind her with a knife in one hand, and the other placed tightly on her shoulder.

"We have been waiting for you, please sit at the table and join us won't you?"

I stood frozen to where I was, not taking my eyes off him. I clenched my fists with anger pulsating through my my body.

"Sit down. Or this will get ugly fast." Gio threateningly said.

I knew I couldn't do anything, both of my girls are in this room with that man, he was threatening to hurt them.

"What did you do to her?" Trying to remain calm staring at my Gracie.

Gio spoke as if this was nothing to him. "Oh? She is important to you? Well, when she wouldn't let me in after asking nicely, I wasn't nice back, so I made her call you, she just kept begging to let her and that baby go. It was getting rather irritating, if you ask me. So I made her sleep with this.

He pulled out a cloth and the solution on it was strong, even I caught a glimpse of how strong it was. "Ideally, I would have liked her to remain awake but we wouldn't be having this...friendly chat." He smiled coldly with no remorse.

I nearly lost my nerve, "what do you want Gio?"

"Oh I don't want much, you see I have a business proposition for you. I hear that you have a natural talent, for importing and exporting goods of a certain product. I know that you have a base of operations here on 'MY' territory. I also know, through many forms of interrogation that you plan to over take me."

I sat there thinking what's the best way out of here for us all to be alive, I continued to remain silent while Gio continued.

"I have also met a very good friend of yours recently...Oh I can't remember his name, Xerox? No that's not it, Ahh! Yes...it was Xerosic."

I went wide eyed in fear at the name, he has been a very good friend of mine for many years, he would do anything for me, and I him. I honestly thought the worst, "what did you do Gio?"

Gio smirked at the response. He moved away from Grace still pointing the knife, he casually walked round the table behind me and straight to Serena. I glanced behind me, seeing this snake peering over my daughter while she slept, in her basket made me sick. I don't know what came over me in that split second. I immediately shot up from my chair and kicked it to one side to try and grab her before he put his dirty hands on her.

Gio saw this happening. He knew what I would do. He dived his hands to pick her up before I could reach her. The sight was unbearable to watch.

Cradling Serena in his arm, I immediately feared the worst, my eyes starting to sting as the tears crept up. I did the only thing I thought I could.

I begged. "Please Giovanni. Give me my daughter, she is just a baby!" Gio just stood there looking over Serena with a knife still in his hand. I had to try

I heard a muffled scream behind me, I glanced over and saw Grace, crying her eyes out, I started to panic.

"Ah well thats good we are all here then!" He beamed a sadistic smile.

I know on the back of this he still needs to explain what he wants me to do. I stepped towards Gio holding my arms out for Serena.

"No. Lysander. This is my insurance" looking down at my daughter.

Making a stern face, eyes cold as they come he said "This is what I want. 'YOU' gone! You have 2 choices, you both can die together and I will take your daughter, maybe raise her as my own as my trophy. 'OR' you can leave here and don't come back, upon my word I will spare your family." He stopped to pause, "either way Lysander you are finished."

My heart was in my mouth. I felt sick to the stomach. I didn't have a choice. It was me or my girls. I glanced upon Serena who was still in Gio's arm, I knew my decision. "Give me 48 hours and I'll be gone. Just please keep your word about my family. I will never comeback just don't hurt them again please." I tried to look in his eyes for sympathy.

No one didn't spoke for a moment. With the next words from his mouth was "48 hours. I will know if you haven't gone. I will take your daughter, who you will never see again. Do we have a deal?" With that question he place the knife on the kitchen side and help out his hand for me to shake.

The deal was done.