Security

Ash's POV

Thinking back on the worst things I have gone through myself, I wouldn't have managed to get through any of it without Lysander.

Flashback
15 years old, I had just buried my dad. My life was so completely fucked up. I just arrived at Lumios City. I had a clear destination in mind. To see Lysander Yvonne. If there is one thing I can honestly say he will help me.

I rocked up being the cocky teenager that I was, to the factory where he was known to be. I couldn't care about any security or a receptionist telling me too book an appointment. Or some shit like that. I would barge through all of them. To get to my goal.

One thing my father taught me is to never give up till it's over. Remembering his words over and over in my head. It was a record on repeat.

I had to speak to him. He would help me, I just know it.

Once getting through the factory, ignoring all the stares from people. I saw him in the coffee room alone. I saw my chance and grabbed it.

He glanced up and saw me coming, he looked unsurprised to see that I was there.

Reaching the room, I stood in the doorway so that I was blocking the only exit.

"I'm here to see you" I sternly said.

"Yes...Ash is it? I was already informed. Let's take this in my office. Ooh before we do, did you want a drink? Coffee? Tea?"

What?! I didn't want to have a drink.

"No."

"I think the word you're looking for was 'Thank You' boy"

My dad used to do that, it irritated the shit out of me.

Being hotheaded, I answered back. "I couldn't give a shit about what you think. I'm here to see you."

Lysander coolly leaned on the kitchen counter, appearing to be studying me. Drinking his coffee while doing so. Almost felt like he was taunting me. "Okay then, lets go"

Stunned by this sudden change of persona, I thought he was going to be like everyone else by telling me 'I can't do this or that'.

I moved to one side and let him past. "Follow me kid" he said. Walking through the factory. I was suddenly aware of all the eyes that followed. I just ignored them, kept my head down.

I followed him all the way to upstairs and sat in a board room. He took a seat opposite me, with his hands he gestured me to begin.

All business I see. Very well, I'll play your game.

I sighed and began, holding back my anger, "People tell me that you knew my dad?"

"Yes I did. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss kid."

"It's Ash, in case you didn't know." I corrected him. I'm not a kid.

Raising an eyebrow, he started to say "I know who you are Ash, and I know why your here."

"So you can help me kill Giovanni?" I looked serious with my question.

"No." Lysander said sternly.

"What why?!" I pleaded. I knew it, I knew he would be like everyone else. I wasted my time.

"Because that would mean, my family being killed."

Silence filled the room, I sat there in shock as I wasn't expecting that. I never wanted to give up in my decision, despite of Lysander's refusal. Giovanni will die and it will be by my hands.