Rising Sun

Serena's POV

Feeling cold, I was in a daze to where I was. I noticed as I began being aware of my surroundings, lights shone brightly in my eyes to the point I was following them.

Instinctively I moved my arms freely in front to block the light. However I realised the lights were drawing me in. I didn't want to leave.

Stopping myself from spinning, the room I was in became clear. A room filled with all sorts of machinery, a metal tray of medical instruments and big monitors to watch what the surgeons were doing.

I was confused so I spun round, and saw a disturbing scene. A body on a long hard surface, the body was covered in blood as were the surgeons around the body trying get something out.

They were saying all sorts of words, however I found it hard to make

Then it happened.

That sound that everyone dreads to hear, a longed out, continuous monotone beep. Signalling that someone was dying.

In a fuzzy way I heard someone shout "Quick! We need to shock her! She has gone into cardiac arrest!"

I watched from above a large machine attached with two metal plates with coils getting wheeled over, the nurses were prepping this girl to get shocked. The next scenes were happening in slow motion.

"Okay charge to 360. Clear!"

Everyone moved. Clearing the view of this girl. I recognised her. Her body, was pained from the wound clearly in her stomach. I felt like I was gliding down to get a better view. 'PULSE' I felt a strange shock go through me.

The girl had honey blonde hair, 'that looks like the same as mine?' I began to notice that her facial features were also similar to mine? "What?" I started to hyperventilate because I realised I was seeing me.

It was ME being shocked on the table. "Am I dead?!" Then it hit me. How can I be dead?"

I remembered the last 12 hours instantly. The talk with Ash by the river, where we made made love, we got kidnapped, Calem...Calem was helping us?

The last thing I remembered was lying on my back, being held too tightly by Ash.

Think about it more I remembered his face... he was heart broken, I remembered the tears falling down... I remembered his voice being a silky smooth blanket that I felt safe in. He kept saying, "don't give up till it's over" I know I couldn't say it but I was thinking "of course I won't give up, I only just found you again" ... And now... now I'm here. I'm watching myself die, and there is nothing I can do about it!

I then heard a multitude of small beeps, on the machine. Much to everyone's relief, they got back to work straight away.

I was watching them closely, especially the surgeon he looked like he had some kind of long tweezers.

The small thing he was holding in between his hands, was a small metal circular object. It was the bullet that Gio shot me with.

A lot a commotion happen, people were congratulating each other on a job well done, on nurses said that "her vitals are becoming stable."

They scurried round, as the doctor told them to patch me up, and get me on the recovery ward. He was going to tell Ash the news.

I began to follow him. Glancing back over my shoulder, I saw myself, it was a weird sight, I never thought I would see myself in this position. It was something that I know I would never forget.

This feeling of floating right next to someone and after a few minutes and they still didn't realise I was next to them.

No one could see me. It felt alone... so lost. I past a few people, and nothing no reaction just carried on as normal. The feeling was surreal.