Scandalous Egg

Skip appeared in shadow form next to Renjun on the table, peering over to see what he was sketching. Renjun deftly swatted him away when he blocked part of the diminishing light Renjun was trying to use to draw.

"What is that?"

"A billboard sign."

"Then what's on it?"

"One of those wooden things you use to control puppets, but there's no puppet. That's a unicycle standing up on its own." Renjun erased part of the cross base (the wooden thing) to fix the perspective of it, darkening the lines of the whole thing when he was satisfied.

"Is that a fishing pole?"

"Yeah, it was going to be that one guy from Dreamworks fishing from the moon, but the whole point of this is there is no humans or human figures, so it's just sitting there."

Skip nodded, jerking his head to the side when he heard someone coming up the stairs. He took the form of the nearest object without thinking, accidentally possessing Renjun's pencil.

"Hey! Stop that!"

Renjun shook his pencil as if that would get him out of it. Annoyed at the sudden jostling around, Skip projected an image of himself sticking his tongue out at Renjun before drawing a butterfly on the cloud.

"Who are you talking to?" YangYang asked, Renjun instantly putting his hand back around the pencil and trying to make it seem like he was still in control of it.

"There was a fly that kept buzzing around here."

"You just casually tell flies what you're drawing?"

YangYang raised an eyebrow as he looked over Renjun's shoulder at the sketch. Skip was now hovering over the paper, trying to decide what else it needed. It's a good thing it was supposed to be surrealism.

"Sometimes I need to talk with actually intelligent beings."

Renjun tried not to cringe as an image of Skip smirking came to mind. YangYang just scoffed, flicking Renjun's ear.

"You're weird."

After getting a cup of water and flicking a little of it at Renjun, YangYang went back downstairs. Skip immediately got out of the pencil, stretching himself out.

"I really hate how cramped those are," he smirked at how peeved Renjun looked. "What? My butterfly looks amazing!"

"Out of all the things you could've chosen, you just had to go with my pencil." Renjun whispered this time just in case YangYang was still hanging around.

Skip only shrugged and climbed on top of a bag of goldfish someone left on the table, lounging on it with his hands behind his head.

Neither of them heard Jisung coming up the stairs until it was too late. Because unlike everyone else, he never ran up stairs or walked heavily.

"Is that the demon Lucas keeps talking about?" His eyes were pure wonder as he slipped into the chair next to Renjun, staring at the tiny demon.

"Did you try some of Jaemin's coffee again? You know that stuff's trippy."

"I can literally see him right there."

"Then why did you ask if he's a demon?" 

Jisung huffed, "I didn't, I asked if that's the one Lucas was talking about."

"Nice to know someone appreciates me."

Giving up, Renjun sighed. "Yeah, that's Skip. He's normally in the clock. Skip, this is Jisung."

Jisung held out a finger, shaking Skip's hand. He didn't look concerned or scared at all, just amazed.

"I like this kid."

"So what are you drawing?"

"Surrealism project. I need something to go on the wall, though."

The random brick wall in the middle of his drawing was so far the main focus, two squares of the wall being transformed into a circus.

"Humpty Dumpty. He's good at sitting on walls."

"I think the whole point is Humpty Dumpty isn't good at sitting on walls." Renjun fired back, but he was already working on sketching him in.

"Did you know Humpty Dumpty was never an egg before Lewis Carrol made him one in Alice and Wonderland? It's actually the name of a cannon in the British Civil War."

"Well thanks for ruining that."

"Ruining what?"

Renjun had almost forgotten Jisung was unable to hear Skip.

"Nothing. Skip was just telling me something."

Jisung nodded, watching Renjun sketch Humpty Dumpty, with cracks in his shell, of course, so it was implied they did put him back together again.

"You should give him a suit jacket but not put a shirt underneath. A scandalous little egg." Jisung suggested, making both Renjun and Skip laugh.

Renjun readily complied, Humpty Dumpty's cracked shell on display for the world to see. Now all he needed was a tiger on a motorcycle.