Manifesting Mafia

Taeil, Johnny, Ten and Jaehyun came downstairs after working in the cafe, mischievous smiles on their faces. All of them were free for the night, and there was no way they were about to waste this opportunity.

"It's been way too sad around here lately. So get your butts in a circle, we're playing mafia." Johnny announced, and everything was immediately set to the side as they cleared a large space in the middle of the room.

"But there's a twist. We can only speak our mother language. So I'm the host." Ten smirked, watching everyone figure out how that was going to work.

"How will we find the mafias then?" Jungwoo asked, pulling a blanket around his shoulders until Sungchan decided to steal some.

"That's for you to figure out."

"How many mafias? Four?" Doyoung asked, and Ten once again smirked.

"I'll pick as many as I want, and you won't know what role everyone had until the very end when you've won or lost."

"What?!"

"It's impossible now!"

"This sounds like we'll be doing this for hours, so let's start now." Hendery spoke up, and they all lowered their heads reluctantly.

Ten started walking around the giant circle, doing a lap before announcing he was going to pick the mafias. A couple laps later the mafia, doctors, and police had been picked.

"At least tell us how many citizens there are." Taeyong tried to compromise, and Ten took a moment to think.

"Eleven."

"Half of us have roles?!" Chenle screeched, Ten tsking. He repeated himself in Chinese, and WinWin covered his mouth before he did something at a higher frequency.

"YangYang's a mafia. He's been smiling this whole time." Shotaro commented, and Yuta leaned forward to check it out. YangYang was indeed smiling a little too much.

"YangYang for sure."

"I don't know what's going on." Mark admitted, listening as multiple languages started filling the room in order to create as much confusion as possible. 

Korean, English, Cantonese, Mandarin, and Japanese. Which is partly why YangYang was smiling. He could understand all but one of those, but he had no idea what language he was supposed to be speaking. He was really hoping it was German.

"All I hear are names. Can we please vote to end this madness?" Jaemin spoke loudly, catching the attention of everyone in the room.

"Yeah, everyone point to who you think is sus, and then we'll go from there." Haechan reasoned, and Renjun tilted his head.

"Do you know what he's saying?"

"No idea." WinWin played along, Haechan ignoring the two of them.

"Alright, we're voting on who's the mafia and then one of them will die." Ten instructed, waiting for them all to stop talking and pay attention. "Three, two, one."

Eleven votes for YangYang, ten for Jaemin because he tried speeding up the process, and one for Johnny because Mark really didn't know what was going on.

"Any last words?"

"What language do I speak?"

"Those are awful last words." Jeno teased.

"Whatever you want."

YangYang smirked, taking a deep breath.

"I'm not the mafia." He had said it in the most intimidating way possible, hoping his German alone would be enough for them not to kill him.

"He scares me. Let's just kill him." Jisung spoke up, the rest of the circle nodding.

"Well, YangYang's dead. Put your heads down."

YangYang stood up and sat down on the nearest bunk bed, gasping as he watched Ten go through the nightly routine with the mafia, police and doctors.

"To speed this up, two were killed in the night. Jaemin and Jisung."

The two groaned and sat next to YangYang, leaning close to hear who was the mafia. Both of them glared at Ten when they found out, but the action was missed by everyone.

"If the mafia can kill two, we should be able to kill two too." Kun complained, and Ten sighed.

"Fine, you guys can kill two."

"Let's kill Taeyong and Yuta just so we can actually talk." 

"No! Johnny and Mark or Yuta and Shotaro. Knock out some languages we don't understand." Lucas corrected Xiaojun, Hendery nodding excitedly.

"Do you know what's going on?" Sungchan whispered to Jungwoo who just shook his head. There was too much chaos to actually try and think about this logically.

Shotaro and Yuta were still glaring at YangYang suspiciously to see if he was the mafia, not even realizing the group was voting them out. Even if they weren't speaking, they were the quickest language to knock out of the group.

"So the Japanese?" Ten clarified, and Taeil scrunched his eyebrows.

"When did we vote on that?"

"Yuta and Shotaro are dead. Heads down losers."

"Wait what?!" Yuta exclaimed, and he almost refused to die, but Shotaro just took his hand and dragged him out of the circle.

This continued until Jungwoo, Jaehyun, Lucas, Sungchan and WinWin were left, all of them staring at each other with narrowed eyes.

"I feel like we should've won by now." Sungchan whispered, the rest of the group taking the hint to huddle closer together to whisper.

"I'm not the mafia." Jungwoo whispered.

"But you'd be the best one. You don't talk much anyways, so no one would suspect you."

"Can we all just speak in Korean?" Jaehyun whined, and because no one could hear them they just went with it.

"Let's think about this. Each of us would be good mafias for Ten to pick if he wanted the mafia to win. But who's the constant in all of this?" Lucas gasped at WinWin's unexplained reasoning, knowing exactly where he was going with it.

"Ten's the mafia."

"And if he's not then we killed the host and we probably win anyways." WinWin finished.

"Can we do this?" Sungchan asked, the older kids all shrugging.

"Might as well find out." Jaehyun sat up looking Ten in the eye to give the verdict. "Unanimous vote to kill Ten."

Ten smirked, "Took you long enough."