Distractions

Louis, in all of his posh boredom, decided to search around the basement for someone to demand attention from. Given that Leon or Bella weren't already hogging their attention. Or Daegal. She always stole the spotlight whenever she came over.

Spotting an extremely focused looking Jaemin, a Jaemin that did not look like he wanted to be bothered, Louis pounced onto his bed and curled up in his lap. A complete inconvenience, but that was the point.

"Louis," he whined, "I'm trying to work."

Louis lazily lifted his head, gave Jaemin a look to show he really didn't care, and then nudged Jaemin's hand so he would be petted.

"Not again." Jaemin grumbled, complying nonetheless.

Louis continued to get his demanded attention while Jaemin filled out an application of sorts, extremely focused with the task. Louis had thought it looked way too complicated, so he didn't bother with trying to help him out.

Occasionally he would bat at the keyboard, pressing a few letters he thought might be needed. They never were, but he was trying so that's all that mattered.

Shotaro then came running down the stairs and skidded to a stop next to Jaemin, plopping himself next to him on the bed.

"Whatcha doing?"

"University application form thing."

Shotaro scrunched his nose, "Why are you doing that?"

"So I can be a kindergarten teacher."

"Oh," Shotaro pulled his legs up and crossed them, offering some pets to Louis, "Well we're about to start a random game of Twister in the cafe for people to join in if you want to, you know, join in. Or watch."

Jaemin stopped what he was doing (minus petting Louis), and tilted his head.

"Why not just do it down here instead of interrupting the customers?"

"Because then the interrupted customers can't play."

Shotaro had thought that would be obvious, but apparently it wasn't. Jaemin shrugged before going back to his application. The worst part about it was a: it had been two years since he had gone to school and he really wasn't that excited about studying again, and b: he had to take classes that had nothing to do with his major.

Like scuba diving.

"Are you going to play, then?"

Shotaro looked so hopeful that he would that Jaemin almost sincerely considered it. Almost.

"Sorry, I've really got to get this in."

"That's alright, I'm sure we've already got more than the instructions say we should have."

Shotaro gave Louis another pat before leaving, bounding back up the stairs. The funny thing is, Jaemin was pretty sure none of them had ever read the Twister instructions.

Confident that now he would be able to finish his application and get that turned in, Jaemin continued working. That confidence lasted almost two minutes and ended when Jeno and YangYang came sprinting down the stairs.

"Come on, Nana! We've set up teams against the customers and we need our missing piece!" YangYang exclaimed, taking Louis from Jaemin's lap and depositing him somewhere else.

"The 00 line can't be missing our Nana! It's illegal!" Jeno backed up, giving Jaemin no time to argue as he took his laptop, put it to the side, and picked up Jaemin.

"Hey! I've got work to do!"

"And we have Twister to win so shut up." YangYang fired back; playfully, of course.

Jaemin was set down once they were well into the cafe and away from the basement door, and Jeno kept an arm around his waist to make sure he wouldn't run.

Shotaro gave Jaemin a very sheepish and apologetic smile as Renjun held Haechan back from getting too heated in pre-game taunting with one of the customers. As if Renjun wasn't going to use his witchcraft to cheat just a little.

Several tables had been moved to the sides of the room to give everyone enough space, the Twister mat on the floor in the middle of the cafe. The customers that were going to challenge them were in two groups of six on the other side of the mat, and Xiaojun, Jaehyun, Taeil, Ten, Chenle and Sungchan were the other group of six.

Jisung and WinWin were on the side to keep track of the leaderboard, each team being rewarded points for winning. WinWin was going to compete, but Jaehyun and Xiaojun managed to convince him it wouldn't be fair if he did.

"Round one!" Jisung announced, "The 00's against the Blueberry Scones! Send out half of your team."

Haechan and Renjun were the first to go forward, Jaemin being pushed up by Jeno and YangYang. The Blueberry Scones was the name for one of the customer teams, consisting of a few active looking adults.

"I want a fair match, no pulling or nudging," WinWin looked specifically at Renjun and Haechan who were paying no attention to him, "Starting off with right hand on red."

Each game lasted maybe ten minutes, each team having to play twice in a row so all the players could participate.

After many, many rounds (some of them being added in because of rivalries that were forming), the finalists were up. Jaemin, Haechan and Renjun versus half of the other customer team that wasn't the Blueberry Scones.

The team consisting of Xiaojun, Jaehyun, Taeil, Ten, Chenle and Sungchan had been unexpectedly knocked out of the leaderboard in the first few rounds because they couldn't stop slipping. Chenle swore Renjun had to have been using his voodoo magic to win, but for once he wasn't.

A left foot on blue was what knocked out half the people on the mat currently, leaving Jaemin against two customers.

"You've got this Nana!" YangYang cheered.

"Don't disappoint us." Haechan called out, earning himself an elbow to the side from Shotaro.

It was a close call after a left hand on yellow, but Jaemin stuck it out and managed to hold his tangled up position with the other two customers. They weren't able to handle the right foot on green, though, sending them tumbling to the floor.

Meaning the 00 line won the Twister game and Jaemin still had a heck ton of work to do.