Reverse Recommendations

Jaehyun walked down the stairs inspecting his arm, the last to return from working in the café. He almost tripped over Lucas and Mark who were lying face down on the floor since he wasn't paying attention, just to then stumble over Haechan's bag.

"I don't recommend touching the inside of the stove when it's on."

Kun was already pulling out his first aid kit he kept in his bag. "You idiot. Sit down." He patted the space in front of him on Yuta's bed, ready to fix him up even though it wasn't that bad of a burn.

"This is why you do the coffee." Johnny said with a sigh, but Jae wasn't paying attention.

"I don't recommend putting lotion in your nose so it's not dry. It works, but it's just weird." YangYang pitched in, everyone now giving him strange looks for a good reason.

"I don't recommend tooth paste in your hair. It gets all crispy and gross."

"Please tell me that was your brothers being stupid."

Haechan just nodded slowly. "We'll go with that."

"I don't recommend sunburn. Then you're all crispy." Jungwoo spoke up, scrunching his nose at the memory.

"I also don't recommend doing multiple turns on carpet in bare feet. You somehow end up cutting your feet." Haechan threw that in too, and Kun just sighed.

"Do you need a band aid too?"

"Nah, I've got my own."

Kun finished fixing up Jaehyun's burn, but he left the first aid kit out in front of him just in case. He wasn't sure what else they would end up needing at the rate they're going.

"I don't recommend frogs." Hendery muttered, Lucas backing him up with a nod.

"You know those small yellow plums?" Some of the kids nodded. "I don't recommend swallowing one of those pits." Johnny was pretty sure it was going to be fine, but then again he had no idea how big his intestines were and how that would work out in the end.

"I don't recommend cigarettes." Taeyong had been thinking along the lines of cigarette burns, but Doyoung glared at him none the less.

"I don't recommend broken glasses." Jeno tried putting them back together just by putting the two halves next to each other, but that wasn't working.

All he had been doing was carefully wiping one of the lenses off with his shirt when they snapped right at the nose piece. He was pretty sure his parents wouldn't be too mad if he explained what had happened, but then again there was always that underlying fear. He'd honestly rather go around squinting at everything at this point.

"I'll get the tape!" Mark bolted up the stairs, returning in only a few minutes and handing the tape over to Doyoung who now had possession of the glasses.

"I don't recommend tripping up the stairs in front of a café of people." Mark shared as they all watched the glasses be taped back together. No one was paying attention to him, though.

"I'll walk you home and make sure your parents understand." Doyoung offered, handing back the glasses. It looked a little ridiculous with the tape on the bridge, and now they slipped off his nose a bit, but it would work until they were properly repaired or replaced.

"Thanks."

"Anyone have anything else they don't recommend?" Asked Kun.

"Yeah, I don't recommend using a rubber band as a hair tie." Yuta pitched in, already regretting his choice this morning to do that.

"I don't recommend mean people." Lucas was still face down on the floor, so his words were muffled, making him sound a lot sadder than he was.

"Who hurt you?" Taeyong was ready to track them down, but Lucas just held up an okay sign.

"I'm good."

"I don't re- re-"

"Recommend." Kun finished for Lele, and he nodded.

"Yeah. Gross cookies. Don't re-com-dead gross cookies."

"So... oatmeal raisin?" He nodded aggressively.

"I don't recommend face masks."

Haechan gasped, glaring at Johnny. "You guys did face masks without me?!"

"His Mom ran around the house chasing him. Mark was the only one she didn't force to do it with her." Yuta explained, but that didn't stop Haechan's feigned hurt.

"I don't recommend being sick. Then you get kicked out and that's not fun."

WinWin's reverse recommendation was the last one anyone could think of. Jaehyun was still inspecting his small burn even though it was now covered with a band aid, and Haechan snickered every time Jeno pushed his glasses back up his nose.

"I recommend hugs!" Jungwoo exclaimed, clinging onto the nearest person to him, who just so happened to be Taeyong.

Chenle then lay across WinWin's lap and Lucas practically threw himself onto Mark. It wasn't enough hugs to properly account for all of the non-recommendations shared, but Kun got the perfect opportunity to quote The Lion King.

"I'm surrounded by idiots."