The Parent Meeting

Taeyong had a fabulous idea. Alright, so it was probably going to result in a bit of arguing and future debates, but it was a good idea nonetheless. Hopefully.

His plan deflated in his mind slightly when he went down to the basement, this time with Ruby since it had been a while, just to see only Johnny, Kun, Doyoung and Jaehyun were there. All of them working on the projects that had been assigned to them.

Ruby jumped into Kun's lap since he had been working on the floor, alerting everyone of Taeyong's presence before he could say anything. He had kind of been hoping everyone would be down here, but they'll do.

"Where are the kids?"

"Dang, no greeting first? I see how it is." Johnny teased, but not before patting the space on the bed next to him for Taeyong to see what he was doing.

"Jaehyun thought it'd be a good idea to send them all out in the city with Yuta so we could focus. He's probably going to lose half of them." Doyoung sent Jaehyun a glare, but the younger was unfazed.

"They have Bella, they'll be fine."

"Doesn't Yuta also have a project to work on?" They all looked up and zoned out for a bit.

"Probably."

So, Taeyong brought out his own project he had to work on from his bag, ignoring his master plan for the time being. He knew it wouldn't end well if he tried to interrupt them now, especially since they all looked like they were almost done.

With the help of Ruby, though she only nudged pictures around for him, Taeyong managed to get his done too. Now all he had to do was wait for Kun to be done with his project to lay out his plan for everyone. He had been struggling with some of the words he had on his notes, taking him longer than the rest.

"I've got an idea," Taeyong proposed cautiously, "we have a lot of kids to keep track of-"

"Yuta's going to half that number soon if he hasn't already." Doyoung mumbled.

"He's not going to lose the kids!"

"Anyways, there's a lot of kids and I want to make sure no one gets overlooked or forgotten. So what if we actually split up the custody of the kids." Taeyong waited for the backlash he knew was going to come. He just didn't expect it to come from Kun first.

"It's not like you're here all the time to help us take care of them. What makes you think we want to properly split custody with you." He crossed his arms, trying his best to look serious.

"What if I'm trying to be here more for them? Huh?"

"Then go ahead. I only signed up for five of them." Johnny muttered, though he might as well have said three. He for sure didn't sign up for Mark and Jaehyun.

"How are we doing this then? Because I'm not listening to you guys fight over the kids for an hour." Jaehyun ran a hand through his hair, already tired of it.

"Rock paper scissors. Winner gets first pick and then we go clock wise around the room." Doyoung decided, and they all threw out their fists.

It took a couple of rounds, but Johnny ended up winning, making it so Taeyong would be the last. Jaehyun brought over the whiteboard just so no one would be forgotten, double checking just to see if Mark had been keeping up with everyone's birthdays.

"Haechan, Mark and Lucas."

"To clarify, this doesn't mean we can't hang out with them, it just means that now we're in charge of checking in on them and all that good stuff." Kun pointed out, and they all nodded.

"Jeno and Jungwoo." Doyoung claimed, watching Jaehyun put tiny check marks next to their names so they knew who was taken.

"As the somehow determined step-dad... Chenle." Jaehyun knew that would tick off Taeyong and Kun, but now they can't do anything about it.

"Hendery and YangYang then." Kun said, refraining from sighing.

"That leaves Taeyong with Yuta, WinWin and Jaemin. Awesome." Jaehyun erased the check marks on the side of the names, hoping everyone would just be able to remember who had custody of who.

"We should probably write that down." Doyoung suggested, so Jaehyun had to squeeze all the names between Yuta's drawings on the side of the board opposite of the birthdays.

No one could tell if this was going to end up as a good idea or not, but at least now they couldn't argue over who had custody of who.