Ditching the Kids

Both Jeno and YangYang were watching Chenle and Jisung play with dinosaurs in the basement, the two of them getting bored.

"Want to get out of here?" YangYang whispered, and Jeno didn't even hesitate in nodding.

The two snuck around Chenle and Jisung, the younger ones too wrapped up in their game to even notice. It's not like Jeno and YangYang couldn't go out if they wanted to, they would probably just get scolded if anything happened because they weren't watching them.

As soon as they made it out of the cafe, they started sprinting down the street and weaving in between people, unable to keep the smiles from their faces. It had been awhile since they had just started running for the fun of it.

They stopped when they were out of breath and couldn't run any longer, walking to a park to find something to do for the mean time. It was generally frowned upon to climb trees, but no one was around so they did it anyways.

"Do you think animals dream?" Jeno asked once they had both gotten situated on a branch, his legs dangling freely underneath himself whereas YangYang had his knees tucked up to his chin and his back resting against the trunk.

"Maybe. I bet some of them do."

"Does that mean they can have PTSD too?"

YangYang raised an eyebrow. "Do I look like Google?"

"But aren't you curious now?"

"I guess."

The two fell into their thoughts as they looked around, watching the people go about their everyday business.

"Oh cool, you can see inside the store. I didn't know that." YangYang leaned forward a bit to try and properly see what people were doing in there, but then a van parked right in his view.

"Well that sucks."

"Why's it say 'DOT'? What's DOT?"

"Maybe Don't Open Tomatoes?" Jeno guessed, unsure of what YangYang was referring to.

"Dinos On Top."

"Don't Overthrow."

"Overthrow is one word."

"Oh. Digiorno Oven Topper."

The two continued to throw around random guesses until something else caught their eye. A man coming out of the store with a cart full of gallons of milk. Four chocolate, six white, all placed in the back of his sketchy looking van.

"Is that the milk man?" YangYang whispered, trying to think what anyone would need that much milk for.

"Maybe. Do you think he's having a cookie party? Oh wait, he doesn't have cookies."

"Maybe he already has the cookies and he forgot the milk."

"Or he made the cookies and he just needs milk."

"Do you think there's an Oreo recipe? Or is that top secret and you have to die if you ever find it out."

"Top secret for sure. Who says it was an Oreo cookie party?" Jeno leaned forward so YangYang could see his questioning glance.

"It's milk's favorite cookie. Why wouldn't it be Oreos?"

"Because Oreos are gross dipped in milk. They're better separate."

The milk man then drove away, allowing them to see back into the store again. A lady was just then walking out of the store with a cart full of Oreo packages, all the original kind, and the two shared a knowing and excited smile.

"Those two are soulmates."

"Do you think they're going to the same party?"

"Nah, it's date night and that's all they plan on eating while binge watching a kids show together." Jeno decided. There was no way they weren't ending up at the same place after that.

"Why a kids show?"

"They're having milk and cookies, I don't think they're watching a soap opera."

"Or maybe they met in the store, flower petals started falling and shalalalalalalaaaa started playing so they knew they had to get together tonight."

"I like that better. Because if they already knew each other they would've walked out together."

"Now I want Oreos." YangYang whined, knowing there weren't any Oreos at either his house or the cafe.

"Really? I was thinking I wanted milk."

So they stayed up in the tree for a little longer before they started heading back to the cafe, loudly screaming the lyrics to Ghostbusters when a car drove by blasting it with their windows down.

YangYang ended up settling for a regular cookie while Jeno got his glass of milk, the two satisfied with their impromptu outing.