Who Dunnit

Xiaojun was sprawled across the basement floor, a knife going through his stomach. A puddle of blood surrounded him on the floor.

Fake blood, and a fake knife, of course.

Shotaro panicked as soon as he saw it all and got stuck in his head, so Xiaojun did have to break character to reassure him he was still alive, and they had to clean up a bit so it didn't look as scary. But that was fine, they didn't mind making it so he could join in too.

Doyoung had gotten bored at work because he didn't have much to do today. Because he was bored his mind wandered a bit, only a bit, and he planned out a murder scene. It was your classic who dunnit, but it was a pretty good one.

As soon as he was out of work, he ran to the store to get supplies to set it all up, and with the help of Xiaojun, the basement was turned into a murder scenario within an hour. Clues were carefully hidden all over the place, and profiles were created for all the suspects.

Naturally, the 00 line was used as the guinea pigs for Doyoung's creation. It was also the perfect excuse to get Haechan and Mark on different floors because my gosh they couldn't even look at each other without getting upset.

The 00 line were also the only ones not busy or some place else.

So Jaemin and Jeno were business partners coming from Britain to visit an old friend (Xiaojun), YangYang was Xiaojun's ex and was coming to collect some things he had left behind when they broke up, Haechan was the butler who found the body after setting the parlor for the guests, Shotaro was Xiaojun's son and heir to the business. Leaving Renjun as the next door neighbor who was coming over to ask for a cup of flour and got dragged into it all.

The story was that Xiaojun had called Jeno, Jaemin and Shotaro to dine with him that evening. Haechan was getting everything set when he came across Xiaojun in the office, dead on the floor. The other three invited guests came in exactly a minute and a half later, and Renjun and YangYang arrived five minutes after.

All had motive, pretty much all had the means, and they had to figure out who killed Xiaojun.

"Alright, now does the murderer know they killed him?" Renjun asked Doyoung, motioning to Xiaojun's body on the floor.

Doyoung sighed, "I told you, I'm not here."

"Yeah, but you technically are, so...?"

"The murderer does know they killed Xiao."

Jaemin clasped his hands together, turning to face everyone.

"Which one of you killed him?"

"Not me."

"Nope."

"Couldn't, I was touching stuff in the parlor."

"I can't deal with blood."

They turned to YangYang when they noticed he didn't respond. He held his hands up in defense.

"Not me either."

Jaemin turned to Doyoung, "None of us did it. Did we win?"

Xiaojun sat up, ignoring Doyoung when he started complaining about his breakage of character.

"Are you kidding me?! If someone killed me you'd just ask who did it and then go on with your life?!"

Jaemin shrugged, the others nodding with him.

"I can't believe you guys." Xiaojun dramatically flopped back down in his position.

"You know what, he is my fake Dad. I guess we should at least try." Shotaro commented, moving forward to start searching for clues.

"I feel like we should just call the police." Jeno mentioned.

"You can't just call the police! I worked so hard on this!" Doyoung complained.

Haechan threw his hands in the air in exasperation.

"So are you here or not here?"

"Not here!"

"Then shush!"

YangYang held up a clue he found on Xiaojun's body, holding it up to the light and then matching the torn fabric to the coat he was forced to wear.

"Hey guys, I think I killed him."

Renjun scrunched his eyebrows. "Do you not know?"

"Maybe? I forgot what he told me before we came down."

Doyoung groaned and left the basement as Xiaojun threw his fake knife at YangYang. The entire scenario relied on YangYang hiding clues that would show it was him.

Now that Doyoung was thinking about it, he should've picked a more reliable murderer.

"Well that was fun." Jeno noted, ducking as Jaemin tossed Xiaojun a shirt that wasn't covered in fake blood.

Haechan sighed, looking over a letter on the ground that was written as a clue.

"I kinda wanted to be the murderer."

Chapter idea credit to Crimson (my little brother)