Ants

YangYang, Mark and Jaehyun were once again just trying to walk to the cafe and chill out after a tiring day at school, but the crowd of people once again told them that wasn't going to happen. Mr. Suh was on his own behind the counter, desperately trying to keep the line from getting too long.

"Jaehyun, you're needed upstairs, you'll see what I mean. Mark, pastries. YangYang, right?" He nodded. "You can take over the register."

Backpacks were quickly thrown to the ground and aprons were tied as they took their positions, helping Mr. Suh get the line down faster. They had practically become experts in their short time helping, and Sicheng, Jungwoo, Haechan and Jeno soon joined them. Even if they went to the basement and started on their homework. Sicheng had been recently allowed back into his own house now that he was better, but that didn't mean he wanted to go back.

But Jaehyun had a different sort of job. He was in the upstairs kitchen wiping whatever his Aunt handed him from the cupboard down with a damp paper towel. He didn't know what that did, or why the entire cupboard had to be emptied if the rest of the kitchen cupboards had been emptied onto the dining room table, but he wasn't going to question it.

She kept saying there were ants as she sprayed Windex everywhere and squished something with a paper towel, and he just assumed there were. It wasn't like he had seen them yet since they were probably small.

"I just don't want them finding the cafe. You know? Someone put a thing of popcorn in here that wasn't sealed properly and now they're everywhere." She sighed, climbing down from the chair she was standing on. "This probably isn't what you wanted to do after school."

"I'm fine." No he wasn't. He was tired and he didn't know why he was doing this, but he wasn't about to share that. She looked like she was on the verge of insanity, and he had a feeling if he asked where the ants were she would lose it.

"We should be good from now. I'll put out some traps and see what that does. Hopefully they'll leave without a problem now." Mrs. Suh gave Jaehyun a side hug to express her thanks for his help, allowing him to go do whatever now.

When he came down to the lower level where the cafe was, Mark and YangYang had taken care of most of the crowd, leaving him with not much to help him. So he grabbed a bottle of water and headed down to the basement with his backpack.

"No, I'm telling you if you tell a human he's a giraffe his whole life, he's going to believe he's a giraffe."

"Sure, but he's going to know something's different between him and his giraffe family."

"Not if you don't give him a mirror!"

"What's going on?" Jaehyun asked, plopping down on Johnny's bed next to Sicheng and kicking off his shoes.

"Haechan doesn't think a human raised as a giraffe by giraffes would know he's not a giraffe." Jeno explained, glaring at his friend who was on Mark's bed.

"Because who's going to tell them?!"

"I'm pretty sure that you won't have to! Tarzan didn't need someone to!"

"What do you think, Sicheng?" Jaehyun asked, turning the attention to him since he looked like he was been quiet the whole time and working on his homework.

"It's garbage."

"See! Even he knows a human would think he's a-"

"No, your words are garbage." Haechan sunk back against the bed in defeat, and Jeno was going to give Sicheng a high five, but then put his hand back down when he remembered.

Haechan shot back up on the bed, ready to continue his argument. "Jungwoo! Are you a human or a giraffe?"

Jungwoo put his hands on his head, pretending they were ears as he stuck out his tongue.

"There you go, ladies. I rest my case." He leaned back confidently, sliding his sunglasses he now kept with him at all times over his eyes.

"One: none of what Jungwoo just said to us applied to the debate. Two: you're just saying nonsense." Haechan flicked the back of Jeno's head.

"Rude."