Reclaiming Property

Renjun hoped he was entering the right cafe when he opened the door to the Limitless Cafe. He wasn't really paying attention when he was chasing Haechan down the street for his voodoo doll yesterday, and they entered through the back door, so he was just really hoping it he wasn't about to embarrass himself. 

He was thrown off at first when there was a crowd of people in the cafe, none of which whom he recognized. So he got in line and waited for his turn, hoping if he asked the lady behind the counter if she knew where Haechan was that she would help him. Unfortunately, the line was kind of longer than he wished to wait.

"How may I help you, young man?" Mrs. Suh asked with a smile.

"Do you know a Haechan? He stole my voodoo doll yesterday and I want it back." Without even questioning the whole voodoo doll thing, she frowned and told her husband she'd be back in a second.

"I'm Haechan's Mom... wait... No I'm not. I'm Johnny's Mom. What's your name?"

"Renjun."

"I'll make sure he gives back your doll." She motioned for him to come around the counter and took him down to the basement.

"Haechan! This young man says you stole something of his!"

"Oh good! He came back!" Haechan smiled cheekily when he saw Renjun trailing behind her, waving him over to come join them.

"Haechan, Sunshine, Light of my Life, give back the doll. It's not nice to steal things."

"Shh, you'll wake Xiaojun." Jisung whispered, though it was a statement meant for all when he noticed the only one still sleeping starting to stir.

"And where'd Xiaojun come from?"

"We went out to rescue him last night. Renjun almost killed him so Haechan took his voodoo doll-"

"So he'd have a reason to come back. And now he's here, so it's all good."

"I had nothing to do with this. I woke up and he was here." Doyoung butted in, YangYang nodding just in case.

"I'll listen to the whole story later. For now, play nice and give back his doll. And if you see Johnny and Jaehyun, tell them I need them upstairs." It was too early for Mrs. Suh to properly deal with whatever had happened yesterday, so she returned back to the cafe and continued working.

Haechan patted the space next to him for Renjun to sit, handing him a pile of Uno cards so he could play with them. It didn't matter that Doyoung was about to win and YangYang had almost twenty cards, he just wanted him to be included.

"Can I have my voodoo doll back?"

"Hmmm..." Haechan tapped his chin with a finger, placing down a draw 4 for YangYang. "I didn't hear a please in there."

"I didn't hear a please when you took it."

"Just sit and play. I'll let you have it if you can win."

Renjun was about to win after only a couple minutes of playing, having been given a good hand. But then WinWin came down and Doyoung dealt him in. He somehow won in less turns than the number of cards in his hands, but they knew better than to question him.

So Renjun very stubbornly sat through five rounds of Uno, trying his best to win so he could get his property back. He got close once, but that was it.

"I give up! Just keep the voodoo doll, I'll make another." Renjun huffed and stood up, ready to leave. He had another client he had to meet with today and he didn't have the time to waste playing Uno when he needed to be preparing a ouija board.

"Nah, you can have it back. I just wanted you to play with us longer." Haechan reached under Mark's bed and handed over the voodoo doll.

"You have attachment issues. I'm still leaving, though."

Haechan winked. "Only for you."

"Nooooooo," Jisung whined, "stayyyyyyy."

"Can't. I've got a client to go meet. We only have a short window of time for the connection to purgatory to be the strongest."

Renjun started walking up the stairs before he could be held there any longer, and Xiaojun finally sat up in bed. He'd been awake for awhile, no one could even think about sleeping when they were yelling over Uno, but he just hadn't wanted to properly acknowledge to himself that he was awake.

"Will you come back?"

"We'll see."

Haechan leaned back and slipped his sunglasses on for added effect. "He will."