[ 20 ] 1963

[ 20 ] 1963 

It was one day before the classes would continue at their respective universities, after a long weekend. Ashton had been invited to the beach with Bobby and his girlfriend. The nineteen year old agreed, if he could bring Claire along, as well as Lucas and MJ who he still talked to even though high school had ended. Bobby didn't mind having the blonde there, he worked for her family and highly esteemed them, but he didn't want to have problems with his girlfriend. It was no secret that the two hated each other. Ashton hoped spending some time at the beach would ease the tensions between the two girls. He thought they just needed to find some common ground to bond over.

He rolled up at her house in his cherry red convertible Mustang car and stopped at the security booth as he always did when he visited her. Bobby smiled, seeming like he was just getting ready to finish his shift at work. It was a weekend, and Bobby would returning to the marine academy bright and early the next morning for classes. Smiling back, Ashton greeted his friend, "Hello Bobby."

"Hey there, Ashton." Bobby waved at him.

"Ready to hit the waves?" Asked the boy from the upper class family.

The teenager who worked as a security guard for the Feeney family flashed him a grin. "So ready, mate. I'm just getting finished with my work for the day, then I'll go pick up Hayley and we'll meet you there."

"Great. Lucas and Joy will probably already be there." Ashton said as the doors were opened up by the other guard. He drove up the dirt path that led up to his fianceé's house and honked for her to come outside. Normally, he would have parked his car and went to go find her, but she had instructed him to wait outside. Ashton did as she asked him to.

It was a few minutes before she opened the front door and peeked outside. "Oh Ashton!" She said in a mock tone of devastation. "I caught a cold and I can't go out today."

He smiled warmly at her. "Awh, don't worry, kitten. We don't have to go out today. I'll just go to the front gate and let Bobby know we'll be staying." He gestured down the road that led to the gates.

"No!" She half-shouted. "Uh, no..." She coughed once more. "Go on without me. I'll be fine if I just lay in bed today and sleep. I'll have my nana make me a nice warm bowl of soup and everything will be okay. But maybe...you can take Anne-Sophie with you. She called me and said she was bored at her house because Con was working again."

Ashton smiled at the suggestion. "Yeah, Anne might like to get some fresh air."

With that, Ashton said goodbye to Claire and drove to Con's new house, one that his family had given him nearby as a wedding present. 

.

.

.

.

The guards announced him and let him in when Anne-Sophie gaved the order to let him in. Ever since they had returned to Sydney from their honeymoon, she would go days without seeing Con. He was always working, but even so, there were even nights when he wouldn't make it home. This worried Anne that something was wrong with her husband.

The French young woman was waiting on the porch, wearing a light blue maternity summer dress. She wore a tired expression on her face and she flashed a warm smile when he emerged from his car. He didn't want her to overwork herself, in the delicate state she was in, so he went up the steps that led to her. "Bonjour Ashton." She greeted in her language, one of the romance languages, bringing him in for a light hug.

When they pulled away, he placed a hand on her small bump, grinning, "How's the little one?"

"Good." She sighed, her French accent strong. "But he is probably as bored as I am."