[ part one ]

[ part one ] 

“Now I know what a ghost is. Unfinished business, that's what.”

-Salman Rushdie

-

so the first chapter is scheduled to be posted this thursday. today is tuesday, but i wanted to post something on here because it is my most read story and i wanted to congratulate a very special group of people.

today, 204 years ago, priest miguel hidalgo rang the bells of his church in the small town of Dolores near Guanajuato, giving his famous speech 'el grito de dolores' in which he declares war against spain for independence of mexico. it is a significant day for me because my parents are from mexico and i hold that country dear to my heart.

mexico finally gained its independence from spain in 1821, but mexicans celebrate the sixteenth as their official independence day ever since 1825.

i think this is what bravery and true love is all about, my friends. 

to stand up for what you believe in, no matter what the consequences might be. because that's what father hidalgo did. and he was executed soon after because of it, but he inspired the people to fight for their freedom.

and so, i want to congratulate every mexican out there.

as well as my fellow friends from other hispanic countries such as chile (i know your party is in two days, my friends), costa rica, guatemala, and honduras which celebrated theirs yesterday, and everyone who will celebrate or have already celebrated them.

my friends, i end my message today with the grito, which is recited by the president at midnight on september 15th, going into september 16th.

"Mexicans! Long live the heroes that gave us the Fatherland (and liberty)! Long live Hidalgo! Long live Morelos! Long live Josefa Ortiz de Dominguez! Long live Allende! Long live Galeana and the Bravos! Long live Aldama and Matamoros! Long live National Independence! Long Live Mexico! Long Live Mexico! Long Live Mexico!"

I know its stupid, but history gets me teary eyed sometimes. that's my true passion, history. lol

i hope you all enjoyed my little speech.

i love you.

-clary xx