[ 16 ] 2013

[ 16 ] 2013 

-

"You're just aching for the chance to kill me so you can have Harley."

-

Hazel rolled her eyes, "Can someone please explain to him that we made a deal?"

But Calum shook his head at her words, "Listen, failed-attempt-at-a-Harley-clone," He told her in a rather nonchalant, yet dismissive way, "You made a deal with them." By them, Calum had no idea who were the ones that had been a part of the supposed deal. "I don't remember making any deals with you, so I don't have to listen to anything you say."

The dark haired girl with a striking resemblance to Harley Quinn gasped. "And who are you anyway?"

"I think the real question is who are you?" The raven haired boy answered her with another question, one of his own. "Who invited you here?"

"They're the members of the original family." Michael explained. And gesturing to the two siblings, he added, "They saved Harley's life, the least we owe them in return is to spare their lives."

"I saved her life." Said Calum through gritted teeth, giving Michael's shoulder a shove.

Michael staggered back a few steps, but his eyebrows knitted together in anger. A hand reached to his belt to grab the shiny silver gun that was stuffed in his jeans pocket. A thin chain made sure it was always connected to one of his belt loops. Without hesitating, he pointed the gun at Calum, warning him, "Don't make me fucking shoot you."

"You're so brave with your gun, aren't you?" Calum taunted. "But that's exactly what you want. That'll leave one less person in your way."

"What are you talking about?" Michael asked.

"You're just aching for the chance to kill me so you can have Harley." Replied the boy with dark brown eyes. 

Annoyed, Ashton stepped in, "We have no time for your petty little arguments. Both of you need to help me fix Harley."

"Well if anyone's going to do it, it'll be me." Calum informed them decidedly.

Taking a look at the time on her cellphone, Hazel and her brother pushed past the crowd of teenagers in the livingroom to get to the front door. "Well, I don't know about all of you, but we certainly don't want to spend the afternoon in detention when we could be here figuring out a way to fix this mess."

Calum threw his arms into the air, his eyes looking to the heavens. "Finally!" He shouted with relief. "Finally Harley number two says something intelligent."

Her eyes shot him daggers, but she remained silent. The group headed out the door together. Some of them were on their way to school, while Jack and Dempsey went to pick up Harley at her front door. Michael thought her family would find it suspicious and odd if six teenagers all showed up together in the morning. The Quinns, with the exception of Harley, didn't even know Michael was back yet, and he thought that by them knowing then Arthur would b able to locate him.

He didn't want to be found, and he didn't want Arthur to know he was missing, until he was far away with Hazel and Jack.

.

.

.

.

As badly as Calum wanted to see her, the ones he had coined 'her guard dogs' told him it would be best if he could wait until he saw her at school. While they went to pick her up from her house, which was a few houses down, he got into his car and drove to the mansion near the school. The house where his family had been living, across the street from the Quinns, was still closed off for investigations. Calum couldn't imagine what was taking them so long, but it wasn't like he was in a rush to return there anyway. 

He thought as soon as it was liveable again, he would probably put it on the market. Or he could tear it down and build a new house on the same sight. But he just didn't intend to return. Maybe he could rent it to Niall and Andrea who seemed to be sticking around for a while.

Calum had his servant Kila iron a clean uniform for him while he got into the shower. In a matter of twenty minutes, he was out of the house and ready to sneak into the school through the hole in the fence. That would save him an hour of detention after classes, which he could easily get out of if he wanted to.

He snuck into home class, giving the teacher an excuse he made up on the spot. The teacher welcomed him back and asked him to have a seat. 

In his home class was Luke Hemmings, the boy Harley had so desperately asked him to help. He sat, slightly paler of face and surrounded by friends, mostly girls, tending to his every need. Every few seconds, he draped an arm over the spot where his injury was, as if it still hurt, and it probably did. Calum expected him to be at his mansion, laying in bed for weeks. But the blonde haired boy was at school. If it were not for him, Calum could have woken up sooner and possibly found a different way to help Harley. But now she was lost, maybe forever, and he felt the blame was to be placed on Luke. Also there were Niall and Andrea. The noise provided by the other students in the room allowed them to talk without a problem. "Where have you been?" Andrea wondered, seeming genuinely worried. "We haven't seen you in days."

"I'm still mad at you." He told her.

"I told you I was sorry." She sighed. "And I meant it. What more do you want from me?"

"Come on, Calum." Niall insisted. "You know Andy--"

"I know she's a bitch." Calum eyed her with disdain.

Niall's expression hardened. "That's enough, okay? I know Andrea made a mistake, who hasn't? Give her a break."

Andrea uttered a small, "Thank you." and held his hand in hers.

Calum cracked a smile. "Well...if you can stand her, I don't see why I can't."

After explaining everything that had happened, Calum found himself staring at the clock every few seconds. He needed to see Harley and time wasn't moving fast enough. He cursed under his breath at the fact that they had every other class together, except home class. Until their first class started, he would need to sit through fifty minutes of the one class where he wasn't able to see her.

Each second seemed longer than the next.

Calum couldn't wait to see her.

-

kind of short, but here's the update.

what will happen when calum and harley see each other again? the next chapter is when i'll add something unexpected, so stay tuned. i've been planning this since i was writing man in the mirror. i hope it blows some minds.

guys! i watched 'maleficent' today. it was amazing. and...it broke my heart. that fucking stefan i want to throw him into a bottomless pit in the ocean and never let him out.

anyway, thank you all for reading.

question of the day: (well its more of a little contest) the first person who answers one of the following questions correctly, will get a follow ^.^ or a dedication if i already follow you. you can answer any of the following questions in the comments below. these are things i have mentioned in past author's notes about me. 1. where am i from? 2. which national soccer (football) team do i worship religiously? 3. which is the name of the club soccer team i most follow and love? 4. how many siblings do i have? 5. what other language do i speak besides english? 6. bonus: i have never mentioned this before, but take an educated guess: what is my last name? (this one will get a follow and a dedication. double dedication if i already follow you!)

so answer in the comments below if you know!

i love you all.

-clary xx