[ 5 ] 2013

[ 5 ] 2013 

-

"My personal gain matters more to me than what grandmum decides to do with her soul."

-

Kylie was led into the waiting room where Cindy and Billy were waiting. All the other classmates had gone home by now and would probably return later. Cindy saw the blonde haired girl first and got up from her seat next to Harley's brother. "What are you doing here, Harley?" Cindy asked, sounding confused. "Billy said you were staying with the neighbors."

The girl occupying Harley's body shrugged. "I was too worried about Luke, so I asked them to bring me here."

Billy eyed his sister suspiciously. There was something about her that made him doubt everything she was saying. But she looked like Harley, she was his sister as far as he knew. He just felt like something was wrong. Still, he decided to ask, "Harley..." He began, "Are you feeling okay?" In his mind he theorized what could be wrong with her, one being that maybe Harley had a secret twin that was here to confuse him.

"Of course I'm okay, brother." Harley smiled at him.

Now he was sure something was different about her. Normally she would have probably agued with him. Harley was always coming up with come backs. They were the type of siblings who argued and teased each other, but they cared about each other.

Billy decided to let his suspicions go when he remembered there were more important things, like that fact that Luke, one of his best friends at St. Genevieve's, was on the brink of death. Cindy sat back on the waiting room chairs next to him and Harley sat across from them. She only sat still for a couple of minutes before she was back on her feet.

"I'm hungry." She lied. "I'm gonna go find a vending machine, m'kay?" A smile spread across her lips.

"Ooh," Cindy perked up slightly at the thought of food, "Bring me some baked Lays, pretty please."

Kylie nodded and disappeared down the hallway.

.

.

.

.

Hours passed while they skimmed through the books and soon it was four in the morning. Ashton saw how tired Niall looked, he couldn't even keep his eyes open anymore and the hazel eyed boy suggested that Niall should nap for a while. If he was sleepy and distracted then he could hurt their chances of finding the information they needed. 

In one of the many rooms in the mansion was a mirror where another soul rested. The soul of Claire Feeney. 

She could hear the sounds of footsteps coming from the room where Con kept his books. The loud thumps were the cause of her curiosity and she went to find out who was making all the noise. Poofing into the room, she was completely taken by surprise at what she saw.

Standing on the far end of the room, facing away from her was the boy who was once her boyfriend. In his hands was a book and he was quickly flipping through the pages.

Her quiet steps took her closer to him. He was so engrossed in whatever he was doing that he didn't even sense her presence. It was only until he finished flipping through the book and turned to set it down on the wooden desk on the other side of the room that he saw her. The girl he once fell in love him. The girl who betrayed him. 

The book slipped from his hands in surprise and hit the wood floor with a loud thud. He was frozen in place and Claire smirked. 

If seeing her again affected him so much, she wondered if he still loved her after fifty years.