[ 27 ] 2013

[ 27 ] 2013

-

"Its good to be back."

-

It was a good few days later, and they were into their last month of school before vacation when Calum, Andrea and Niall had everything set up for their plan. Calum had requested for them to meet up at his house because he had news for everyone. The hunters were suspicious, just as he wanted them to be, and suggested for the meeting to take place at their home. Little did they know, it was what Calum wanted from the start.

They cut school during lunch hour, so as not to seem suspicious to the others, and went to Calum's house where they baked several batches of cookies, as well as cakes and pies. They wanted to cover all bases in case one of their targets could refuse to have a cookie.

Andrea took one whiff of the chrysanthemum and winced in pain. From her nose came a small trickle of blood. Niall rushed to her aid, warning her, "Don't play with that, Andy. Its dangerous." He grabbed a napkin off the counter and held it to her nose.

"Why would you smell it?" Calum laughed at her. "That stuff burns like hell."

"Not if you're human." Andrea pointed out.

"And are you human, Andrea?" Calum challenged, raising an eyebrow at her. When she remained quiet, he smirked, "I didn't think so."

Niall observed the batch of poisonous plant (to the shifters) with disdain. "How are we going to get it in the cookies without them knowing its there? What if they smell the cookies like Andy did?"

"We're not going to throw the whole plant in there!" Calum informed him. "We're going to dilute it in the water we'll be using for the cookies. That way they won't be able to detect it until they eat the cookie. It has to be very precise. Kind of like when you mix chemicals in science class."

"Well," Andrea patted him on the shoulder. "You'll be the science guy around here because Niall and I never took chemistry classes. We dropped out of school when we were kids. Who needs school when you're always on the run anyway?"

Rolling his eyes, Calum sighed. "Fine. But you have to do everything I ask you to."

-

By the time the school day was over, they had a couple of batches of different kinds of cookies and baked goods. They loaded them into Calum's car and took off in the direction of Paúl and Dempsey's house. When they arrived, each of them carried a tray of goods and walked to the front door. Having already heard their car arrive, Dempsey opened the door for them.

Raising an eyebrow in suspicion, she asked, "What's that for?"

Andrea rolled her eyes playfully at Dempsey. It seemed like they got along rather well despite the fact that Dempsey was a hunter. "Niall stayed up all night yesterday baking cookies, and we can't eat them all. So we thought you'd all like some."

Niall scratched the back of his head sheepishly, balancing the tray of cookies in his other hand. "I couldn't sleep. And baking helps me relax." He smiled.

Calum was glad that they believed in Niall's innocence and she let them in without question.

In the livingroom, Michael, Hazel, Jack, Harley, Ashton, and Paúl were already waiting. The three walked into the living room and set the trays on the coffee table. Several eyes fell upon the baked goods, but only one of them spoke up in question. "Why'd you bring cookies?" Hazel asked them.

"Niall couldn't sleep, so he baked all this. And we don't want it to go to waste." Andrea explained for the second time.

The moment they were told Niall had baked them, they all trusted nothing was wrong with the goods and started to grab some of them. They had already eaten about three cookies each, except Ashton who couldn't eat because he was a ghost, when they noticed Andrea, Calum, and Niall were not eating.