[ 2 ] 2013

• Dedicated to my sister michelle ^.^

[ 2 ] 2013 

-

"Don't think this makes us friends. Once we get Harley back, I'm going to go back to hating you."

-

Calum was in his uncle's home in Brisbane. He had been given the smallest room in the house, the guest room, where only a small bed and a dresser for his clothes. He didn't mind, although he would have much rather be in Sydney. With Harley.

He didn't leave his room much.

The bodies of his family members hadn't been found yet and he lamented the fact that he wasn't able to save them. He was aware that his family wasn't the best when it came to morals, the majority of them had been theives or murderers, but he also knew that didn't mean they had to die in that way. At the hands of a hunter.

The family gathered in Brisbane and they had a small ceremony to remember their lives. Calum almost decided not to attend because his father's family would be there.

He never got along with them. The majority of them only cared about wealth and power. And the majority of them hated Calum and his family because they were the ones who were given grandfather's fortune. 

Calum had been lucky enough to have been born to his grandfather's first son, the son his grandfather loved unconditionally from the very beginning.

He was sat in his bed, thinking of Harley when Ashton poofed into the small room. At the sight of his ghost rival, Calum pushed himself off the bed and said in a defensive tone, "What are you doing here?" He nodded toward the boy dressed in a Harley-Davidson leather jacket from the late fifties and a red bandana wrapped around his head.

Ashton raised his arms up in defense, signaling for the raven haired boy to calm down. He immediately established the facts. "You hate me and I strongly dislike you." He said, "But this isn't about you or me. Its about Harley, so we're going to need to get over our mutual hatred for each other and work together."

"What happened to Harley?" His brown eyes narrowed.

The boy with golden blonde curls paced the small room as he spoke. "There's a girl, another spirit, that took over Harley's body. I don't know how she did it and I don't know what she wants."

"Kylie." The dark haired boy gasped. He began putting the pieces together when he remembered that in his time of depression at his family's loss, he had explained to Andrea how to get someone out of a mirror without even questioning why she wanted the information. "Fucking Andrea. I'm going to kill her." Calum's hand balled into a fist in anger.

"Focus." Ashton told him. "You can kill whoever you want after we get Harley back. She could be in danger."

"Right." Calum agreed with a sigh. He took one look at Ashton and said, "Don't think this makes us friends. Once we get Harley back, I'm going to go back to hating you."

Nodding, Ashton said, "Yes, yes. But you need to do something. I know your grandfather knew a lot about shifters and their abilities. You must know some things. Anything."

"He has hundreds of books filled with information." The dark haired boy bit his lip as he wracked his mind for any bit of information. He wasn't sure that he knew anything about a spirit taking over a living person's body. But if Kylie had done it, he was certain there had to be something in the books. "Our only problem is that I'm here and the books are in Sydney."

The boy with golden blonde hair's face contorted in frustration. "Can't you do something to get there faster?"

"I'm not you." Calum argued. "I can't just poof out of here and re-animate myself in some other place."

"Why not?" Ashton wondered. "I saw Con do it once."

"I don't know a lot of the things my grandfather was able to do because he died when he was teaching me." His brown eyes narrowed at Ashton in annoyance. "I have an idea that will probably not work, but its worth a try."

.

.

.

.

Harley didn't know how much time had passed in the dark hallway because she could hardly see anything at all. She tried finding a way out, but no matter which way she walked, the hallway never ended. She didn't understand what was happening.

She finally gave up and sunk down to the ground, bringing her knees to her chest.

"Stupid Kylie." Harley sighed. "I told her so many times that I don't want Luke. What else does she want from me?"

From a far end down the hallway, she heard a loud thump, as if someone had fallen to the ground and her head lifted, turning in the direction of the sound. Hesitant at first, her voice called out, "Is anyone there?"

There was silence for a second.

But then she heard it. Whoever it was, they were moving. She could hear their hurried footsteps, followed by a familiar voice. "Harley!" The voice called her. Normally she would have pretended to be annoyed, but this time she was releaved, even happy to hear him. So much so that she got back on her feet and ran in the direction of his voice.

"Calum!" She yelled back, her voice on the brink of tears.

"Harley!" He said her name in a voice full of concern. "Stay where you are. I'll go find you."

She heard his words, but she wouldn't stop running. He wasn't too far away from her and soon they were able to find each other.

The blonde haired girl ran into his arms, which quickly wrapped around her body, his chin resting on top of her head. She buried her face into his chest, clinging to him like she hadn't seen him in years. Though it had only been a few days since he left, she certainly felt like he'd been gone longer. "Sorry. I'm really sorry." He apologized over and over, his voice full of guilt. "I know this is my fault." He told her.

Confused, she asked, "How can this be your fault? You weren't even in Sydney."

"Because," He heaved a tired sigh, "I was the one who taught Andrea how to get a ghost out of a mirror. And then she probably went and helped Kylie."

-

a short update today just to celebrate the fact that MITM is like 2k away from reaching 1m. 

so this is a celebration update since i'll probably be asleep when it happens. thank you all for reading, voting, commenting, and supporting. i never imagined MITM would be so popular. i am still super stoked.

thank you so much!

and this chapter is dedicated to my sister michelle. cause today is her birthday and she turned nineteen! :o i love her with all my heart.

i'm twenty and we've literally grown up together. she is very special to me. i mean, i love my older sister too. but since she's three years older than me, i don't bond with her as much as i do with michelle.

anyway, i hope you all enjoy the update.

just a little game. guess the song. the person who guesses it correctly first will get a follow from me ^.^ "whenever i want you all i have to do is dream. dream, dream, dream, dream..." so guess it in the comments below ;)

i love you!

-clary xx