[ 43 ] 2013

[ 43 ] 2013

-

"The only person I care about getting a gram from is you."

-

Phoenix slept soundly for the rest of the night and didn't wake up until the next morning. Harley woke up first and let her friend sleep for a few hours. The girl with blonde hair walked down the hall and towards the stairs lazily. She had only slept about five hours and wanted to get back into her bed, but she wanted Phoenix gone even more. Being a normal teenager had proved to be harder than Harley thought, especially after the incident of the previous night.

And Harley missed Ashton. She wanted Phoenix to be gone so that they could get on with their plan to rid themselves of Claire.

The youngest of the Quinn family walked into the kitchen where her parents were already having breakfast. Billy was nowhere to be found either, which meant he was probably in his bedroom with a hangover, or he had spent the night at Cindy's. She never had parental supervision, meaning that Billy could have been living at Cindy's house and his parents would never find out. But Billy's parents actually concerned themselves about their son's whereabouts.

Harleen had her cellphone to her ear, pressed between her ear and shoulder, while she served her daughter's breakfast. "Where the hell is Billy?" Harleen hissed into her cellphone. Normally, he was good about letting his parents know where he was. Harley was the one always forgetting to call.

Harley sat at the table, in front of her plate of food. "He's probably with Cindy." She informed her mother.

Placing her cellphone down on the counter top after her hundreth attempt at reaching Billy, she smiled at the news, "Oh, Cindy and Billy are back together? That's great. I like that girl, she's very sweet. But," her expression changed to serious in a matter of seconds. "Your brother's going to get a talking to. What is wrong with him, not answering the phone? I could be in mortal danger for all he knows."

"So Harley," Her dad started, trying to sound casual. "Do you have a boyfriend? Or someone who fancies you?"

"Dad, don't ask me that." Harley blushed.

The only thing she found more embarrassing than not having a boyfriend was talking about her boyfriend with her parents.

"You know, sweetie," Harleen pointed out, grabbing her plate of food and joining them at the table. It seemed that for the time being, neither Phoenix nor Billy would be arriving. "By the time I was your age, I had already been dating Arthur for a while."

Aaron scoffed when his wife mentioned Arthur Vega. Even though it had been long ago, it was obvious there had been a rivalry with Arthur. "I remember Arthur, he was that adopted kid from Sydney. I went off to the University of Melbourne for four years, and when I came back, that guy had taken your mother from me."

Harleen laughed. "Aaron, you and I didn't even start dating until Arthur left Perth."

"But I liked you first." Aaron defended.

"Well, we're married now, so there's nothing for you to worry about." Harleen assured him. But Harley knew her mother was still in with Arthur, and she wasn't totally convinced that Aaron Quinn had nothing to worry about.

Phoenix woke up a while later, and didn't go downstairs until she was packed up and ready to return to her home. From the moment she had woken up, she had gotten a strange urge to return to Perth. She didn't remember that Harley had mind controlled her into wanting to leave.

The girl with dark hair walked down the stairs with her back pack and her suitcase with her clothes. She had only brought enough for one week, but had been using Harley's school uniforms as well as her regular clothes outside of school. Harley was in the living room, it was a calm Sunday, and she didn't have much to do. She figured she would watch some television until Phoenix left and then she would go visit everyone at Paúl and Dempsey's house. Over the last few days, the two hunters had been pretty good to her. They had been assigned to watch over her, but they gave her a lot of privacy, and she had become friends with them.