[ 47 ] 2013

[ 47 ] 2013

Harley opened her blue eyes to find herself in a familiar place. It was dark, but she could see just enough to know where she was. Her sight could only see a few feet down the hall and she saw to one side to see it empty, and then to the other. That was where she saw Calum, his hand gripped Claire's arm like a vice as she tried to wrench herself out of his hold, all to no avail.

This scene reminded Harley of one she had witnessed once before, but with another person. 

With Kylie.

Through gritted teeth, Claire continued to struggle in his grasp and looked up at him, her eyes full of anger. "I could have helped you have Harley for yourself." She said to him, her words laced with venom. "But you didn't want to. You're just like your grandmother. Anne-Sophie was always a softy. That's why she was so easy to kill." Her last sentence came out mockingly. 

But Calum ignored her. Instead, he walked along towards Harley, while the timer counted down. 

"And you," Claire glared at her granddaughter. "How can you let them do this to me? We're family."

Harley only gave an uncaring shrug of her shoulders. "You wanted to take Calum and Ashton, we couldn't let you do that. You deserve to go to hell all by yourself."

Claire laughed bitterly at Harley's words. "Oh, you want them both for yourself then?"

"Neither of us wanted to go with you." Calum informed her.

Now he, with Claire in tow, and Harley, walked to the nearest door. They both knew she wouldn't willingly choose a door for herself. Not when she had gone through so much trouble to try to take her own granddaughter's  body as hers.

Calum pushed the door open and they looked inside. They could see nothing. It was just as dark, if not darker in there. Calum let go of Claire's arm and motioned to push her in when Claire grabbed a hold of Harley's arm and pulled her close. "If I go, we're both going." She grinned at Calum, who's eyes were wide with shock. 

"Calum!" Harley shouted, her hands reaching for him.

But Claire was backing into the door. There were only seconds left on the clock. As the seconds counted down, they felt a force pulling them into the door. But Calum was not willing to let Harley go. He jumped inside the darkness of the room and shut the door behind him. He didn't know where it led, and he didn't know if there was a way out.

-

When they opened their eyes, they were in Harley's house. It was dark and there was something different about it. For one, the house was decorated in furniture of another time period and when Calum saw a phone on the side table, it had a round dial, like old phones used to have. 

On the far wall, he saw family portraits of...Ashton's family. 

Beside him. Harley was just coming to her senses. But Claire was nowhere to be found. 

They had fallen on the cold tiled floor of the livingroom and Calum propped his arms on the rose patterned couch to help himself get up. Harley took in her surroundings as well, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion. "This looks like my house...but everything is all wrong." She said in a low voice.

Calum offered his hand to help her get up and she got to her feet. The raven haired boy saw a paper calendar hung by the wooden front door. The date on it read: March 15th, 1963. 

"Fuck." Calum cursed under his breath. 

"What?" Harley's blue eyes looked over at Calum.

"This is the night Mirror Boy died." He told her in a whisper.