[ 4 ] 2013

[ 4 ] 2013 

-

"I'm here to visit my boyfriend Luke Hemmings."

-

Ashton walked four houses down to the place where Dempsey lived. He walked up the front path that led to the door and knocked, like any person would. He waited for a minute until the brunette came to the door. "You can just come in, you know." She informed him. "There's no shield around the house."

"I don't like barging into people's houses." He said. "Especially if I don't know the person living in the house."

Dempsey took one look at him and blurted out a question. "When exactly are you from?"

"I was born in the forties, lived through the fifties, died in the sixties." He replied.

"Hm." Her eyebrows raised in surprise. "People from the fifties are known for being very conservative. Especially in my country."

"And you're American." He concluded. "I can tell by your accent."

"Right." She nodded. "Well, come in. I'm guessing you have something to tell us."

She gestured inside the house and he walked in. Ashton walked into the livingroom where Paúl was sat. Kylie was sitting next to him, being completely still. Dempsey walked into the room after closing the front door.

Ashton looked at the blonde haired girl, wondering, "How'd you get her to sit still? I thought she'd be trying to fight you."

"Its a mixture of plants and herbs." Paúl explained, not taking his eyes off the television. He was engrossed on what he was watching; a football game that was in Spanish. Ashton couldn't understand what was being said on the television, but he did think the game seemed interesting. "They'll keep any human immobile for a couple of hours. So we need to hurry because she can get away from us at any moment."

Just then, the referee blew his whistle, announcing halftime and, "Estas disfrutando del futbol liga Mexicana! Rojinegros del Atlas contra El Rebaño Sagrado de Chivas. El Clasico Tapatio!" was heard throughout the livingroom before the programming went to commercials. That was when Paúl grabbed the remote off the coffee table and put the television on mute. (tr: you are enjoying Mexican League football! Atlas Red-and-Blacks vs. The Sacred Flock of Chivas. The Tapatio Classic.)

"I assume you want to tell us something." The dark haired boy told Ashton.

"Yes." Ashton nodded, "I got someone who can help us. But he'll arrive in Sydney in the morning. So the two of you have to watch her until then. Right now I'm going to go somewhere to get started on some research."

Dempsey went around to sit on the couch next to Paúl. "We're trusting you, ghost boy. You know where to find us."

.

.

.

.

Ashton left Dempsey and Paúl's house and went to Calum's. It was a big place, but he remembered going there a few times when he was alive and was able to get around without a problem. It didn't take him very long before he found the library where Con's family kept all their knowledge about shifters.

After fifty years, Ashton was impressed at how much bigger the collection of books had gotten. It had nearly doubled in size. He had no idea where to begin.

He went to the shelf closest to him and grabbed a book off the top shelf, deciding that would be his system. One book at a time. And though he knew it would take hours, he wasn't going to give up.