[ 29 ] 2013

[ 29 ] 2013

-

"A lot of things happened while you were away, doll."

-

"What your mother is trying to say is—" Their father began, but was cut off by an excited Harleen.

"We're having a baby!" She exclaimed, deciding to blurt it out.

Both Billy and Harley's blue eyes widened in shock.

Harleen was right, the news was definitely a surprise.

Their mother watched the two for a few moments, waiting for them to say something. When neither Billy nor Harley spoke, the smile on her face faded slightly. "What's wrong? I thought you two would be happy to know you're having a new sibling."

After another moment without saying anything, Billy finally spoke, "Yeah, mum. Of course we're happy." He smiled at her. Nudging Harley, he added, "Aren't we, Harley?"

"I'm surprised." Harley said.

"Okay," Harleen sucked in a breath. Her blue eyes instantly pooled up with tears. "I pictured this moment going so much more smoothly."

Reaching to take her hand in his, Aaron told her, "Calm down, Harleen. I'm sure Billy and Harley are thrilled to have a new sibling. But this is a big change for them. Its been just the two of them since they were kids. Harley, tell your mother how happy you are." He shot her a look. The three knew that if they did something to upset her, she would never let it go. Aaron only wanted to avoid her bringing it up for the next nine months.

Putting on her best smile, Harley got up from her seat on the couch next to Billy and went to hug her mother. "I'm very happy. How could I not be?" She asked.

The truth was her opinion was neutral. There were good and bad sides to everything. Harley only wondered who the father could be. She hoped it would be Aaron, not only because her mother was married to him, but because she had learned that only a male could pass on a shifter gene. If her sibling was Aaron's child, it wouldn't have to get involved in the supernatural world she currently was involved in. If it was Arthur's it surely would inherit the same abilities, and would grow up not nowing its real father like Harley.

Harleen hugged her daughter back in a bone crushing squeeze. "Thank you, darling." She sniffed. "Now there will be one more person added to my happiness."

"Is Arthur on that list too?" Harley muttered, but her mother didn't hear her.

Billy hugged Harleen next after Harley got out of her mother's embrace. Once congratulations and hugs, which Harley felt awkward giving, were done, she excused herself and headed back to her bedroom.

She pushed the door to her bedroom open to see Ashton sitting on the edge of her bed. He got back on his feet when he saw her enter the room. "What did your parents day?" He asked her curiously.

Harley went right past him and plopped down on her bed before answering. "Mum is pregnant." She replied absently, her blue eyes trained on the ceiling.

"You'll no longer be the baby of the family." Ashton joked.

Her eyes darted in his direction. "I don't think that counts since I'm almost the same age as Billy."

"I've been meaning to ask." Ashton started, his voice full of curiousity. "Why do you and your parents call your brother Billy?"

"That's his name." Harley said.

"His actual name?" Ashton raised an eyebrow at her.

She nodded in response to his question. She knew the back stories behind her own name and her brother's name by heart. "When my mum was young, there was this really handsome singer named Billy Quinn. He was like the Justin Bieber of the eighties, except he sang a different music style. My dad was so opposed to naming him Billy because he was jealous. But you know my mum, she always gets her way. Plus, dad's last name is Quinn. It was the perfect opportunity."

Ashton chuckled. "All this time I thought his real name was William. Billy is a nickname for William."

"Nope." Harley said.

"And you?" Ashton added another question.

Sighing, she began to explain, "Mum says that dad used to be really into Batman comics when he was young. As you know, Harley Quinn is a character in the series. But I honestly think mum only agreed to Harley being my name because Arthur had a Harley-Davidson motorcycle."

"I always wanted one of those." Ashton said, matter-of-factly. He remembered the days in which he lived with his family with nostalgia. "My dad got me a red Mustang car, which I couldn't complain about. It was a great car."

Harley joked. "I didn't know they made cars in the stone age."

He narrowed his eyes at her playfully. "They sure did, doll. Cars were invented in 1908 by Henry Ford, well the first cars affordable to the middle class at least. The first affordable car was the Model-T. The very first car was invented in 1885 in Germany by Karl Benz, but we all know those can cost you an arm and a leg."

She raised an eyebrow at him. "You seem to know a lot about cars."

"Of course." He told her proudly. "Cars and mechanical engineering were among my top interests. If my dad had allowed me to choose my own career, I'd have gone with music or engineering. Most likely music though. Cars were more of a hobby."

Suddenly, their conversation was interrupted by a spirit materializing in Harley's bedroom. She was a young woman with long blonde hair who was dressed in clothes that reminisced the fifties and sixties, a more conservative look than the late sixties. "Ashton, I really need to talk to you. I have a proposition to make, that I think you will find can benefit you."

Startled, Harley asked the intruding spirit, "Who are you?"

The spirit took one look at her and her lips turned into a smile. "Harley! My beautiful granddaughter." She took one step towards her, but paused when she saw the confusion on Harley's face.

"Granddaughter?" Harley looked to Ashton for an explanation. "Ashton, what is she talking about?"

"You boys haven't told her?" Claire asked. She was the spirit Harley had seen before at Calum's house. Her mind started making connections. If she was Calum's grandmother, and was claiming to be her grandmother as well. That had to mean she and Calum were...related.

"A lot of things happened while you were away, doll." Ashton began nervously.

"Well, explain to me because I'm very confused right now." Harley demaned. Her breathing began to come out in a panic as she contemplated the possibility of her and Calum being related by blood.

Upon seeing her reaction, he figured what she was already imagining. Placing his hands on her shoulders, his hazel eyes looking into her blue ones, he said soothingly, "Listen to me, Harley. I'll explain everything. It really isn't the way you're imaginging. But Claire is your grandmother."

"But how?" Harley could barely see through her tear glazed eyes.

When Ashton remained quiet, Claire took it as her turn to speak.

"Arthur is my son."

-

short update, but here we have harley barely finding out. and now she thinks she's related to calum. so i hope you all liked the update. it was kind of filler, but i knew i needed to update.

so question of the day: the female teams are playing at the world cup. england vs mexico. mexico needs to win if they want to advance to the next phase. englands needs to win if they want to advance as well. a draw favors no one. with that in mind, who do you think will win? my mexican heart says mexico. QUE VIVA MEXICO CABRONES. and the mens team draws to bolvivia yesterday. i wanted there to be a 'lamento boliviano' (like the song. lol. later today is the argentina game in copa america, tomorrow colombia plays, as well as brazil.

anyway, thank you for reading. it means a lot.

edit: i just heard about michael and i almost cried. i cant even imagine how the other boys felt to see their brother in pain. i wish my little muffin a fast recovery. we all know how strong he is. he will get through this with all of our support. and i think it goes without say that no one must poke fun at this because it is a serious matter, and if anyone does, i will hunt you down. i love you, mikey!

-clary xx