[ 22 ] 2013

[ 22 ] 2013 

"Hey, will you guys excuse me for a second?" Harley said to her cheerleading friends. Now that she had forgotten some of the details of her old life, she began spending time with Cindy and she thought she wasn't as bad as she originally thought. Granted, Cindy Hemmings wasn't the smartest girl at St. Genevieve's, but her heart was in the right place. She was gathered in a small group with Andrea, Cindy, Dempsey, and Hazel. The five of them acted as though they had been friends for years. Gesturing inside the house, she continued, "I'm going to go find Jack."

Cindy smiled wide. "Oh Harley, its so great to see you this happy with Jack. You really like him don't you?" Cindy was past trying to get Harley and her brother to date, especially now that he was interested in Hazel.

Harley nodded, "Jack is amazing."

The blonde turned to head towards the house when Dempsey stopped her, "I'll go with you." She offered. She thought it was best to keep a close eye on Harley Quinn, even more so in the state she was in.

With a shake of her head, Cindy told the brunette hunter, "She'll be fine. Besides, you still need to tell me about your trip to Mexico."

Dempsey sighed and let Harley walk off on her own. But Calum wasn't going to. He followed behind her, making sure she hadn't noticed him. Harley pushed the sliding glass door open that led into the family room where there were people everywhere. Some teens were at the bar, drinking all the amounts of expensive alcohol bottles they could find, while others sat with their couple, making out. Harley found her way out of that room and found the kitchen.

She was able to recognize Jack the second she saw him and a smile lit up her face. That same smile was wiped clean off at the sight before her. Jack was there, but he wasn't alone. He was acoompanied by a girl he held in his arms.

His lips were on hers and Calum watched from a small distance as everything seemed to crash around her. She believed she was in love with Jack, and what he was doing caused her great pain. The Canadian hadn't even noticed her there and with a slight gasp, she turned and rushed for the exit the same way she came. Only Calum was in her way and she bumped into him. The impact had been so strong in her urge to run away from her pain that she almost stumbled back, but Calum was quick and was able to steady her.

"Harley," He spoke to her for the first time in a while. In the last few days he had found he would speak of her, but never directly to her. He was afraid of the way she might act towards him. "Are you okay?" He asked, but he found his answer in her eyes. She was heartbroken.

And her heartbreak broke his heart as well.

"Yeah," She lied with a shake of her head, her blonde hair bounced around in her pony tail. Her head turned for a moment and she saw him again, still with his lips on another girl.

"You finally realized he doesn't love you." His hands rested on her shoulders and his brown eyes looked into her blue ones as he spoke. "You need to break out of this delusion. You don't love Jack, you only met him about two weeks ago."

"Without him I would die." She said to Calum.

"Stop Harley." Calum begged, his words pained.

"Its true." She assured him.

"What if..." Calum began, concieving an idea in his mind, which he hoped would work. "I could show you everything you're missing. What if I could show you how you were before this happened?"

She eyed him with confusion, "I don't know what you're talking about."

He took her hand in his and led her towards the kitchen, it was one of the only ways that led to the front door and then he would find the front exit. "You'll know after I show you." He told her. But she stopped him, yanking her hand away from his.