[ 38 ] 2013

[ 38 ] 2013

-

"I decided that I will help you. I want Harley for myself and I'll do anything to have her."

-

Luke found his sister outside of school grounds. She was in the parking lot, waiting by Luke's car. Cindy Hemmings often had permission to miss cheerleading practice because of her mandatory tutoring she had with Billy Quinn. Billy also had the same permission from his extracurricular activities, and he was involved in many of them. He was on the basketball team, as well as the gridiron team, and cross country. Billy Quinn was an all-star athlete, with outstanding grades, while his younger sister could manage only average grades.

When Cindy saw her brother, she reached into her book bag and got out a flyer she had picked up off the floor. The moment he was close enough, she pushed the sheet of paper in his face.

"What is this, Luke?" She asked.

"Hazel's just bitter." The boy with blonde hair shrugged his shoulders.

Crumbling the flyer into a ball, she stuffed it into her book bag again. "This is what you get when you play with girls' feelings. Remember Kylie killed herself because of you?" She said the last question in a whisper.

He shook his head. "Kylie did that on her own. I didn't force her."

"She was my best friend." Cindy reminded him. "And she adored you."

Luke groaned, looking up to the sky. "Don't tell me you're going to take their side now, Cin. I don't have mum and dad's support, I can't do without yours."

Cindy's expression didn't soften. She knew her brother well. When he wanted something, he didn't care if he had to play with people's emotions to get it. "I'm not taking anyone's side, and you know well that I always support you. But I can't just applaud you when you do something wrong."

Her brother thought about it. This was the perfect time to drive a wedge between Cindy and Billy. "Oh, you mean like your boyfriend Billy?" He raised an eyebrow at his sister.

"What does Billy have to do with any of this?" She eyed him, confused.

"You're talking about people who do wrong." Luke argued. "And I just found out that your boyfriend is seeing someone else behind your back."

In that moment, it was as if he could see Cindy's heart break at the news he had given her. And he felt bad for hurting his sister, but his desire for hurting Billy Quinn was bigger. Billy was Luke's best friend and he felt like he was being betrayed. 

"Who is it?" Cindy said in a voice barely above a whisper.

"Phoenix." Luke said matter-of -factly. "You know how much she likes attention. She wanted to have the two most popular guys at St. Genevieve's fighting over her."

Pulling her book bag off and throwing it to the ground angrily, Cindy told her brother, "Well, lets see how she likes stealing boyfriends after I yank all her hair out." Her blue eyes were now darkened with anger and she pushed the sleeves of her red blazer up to her elbows. Cindy Hemmings had never actually physically fought someone, but her anger was so much that she was determined to end Phoebe Nixon.

She stormed off towards the entrance of the school in search of her target. Her brother Luke went after, trying to stop her. 

Cindy only stopped when she ran into Billy Quinn.

"Hey babe." Billy smiled at his girlfriend.

"Billy Quinn!" She barked.

And he was taken aback by her change in attitude. Cindy Hemmings was normally a sweet girl, and nice to everyone. He knew he was clearly in trouble due to the angered glares she was shooting at him.