[ 12 ] 2013

[ 12 ] 2013 

-

"As a result of that, he lost some more brain cells than he normally would and is more tired, so he'll sleep a while longer than you did."

-

"Help me find the door, after we find it I will help Barbie Boy." Calum said as he rushed to the nearest door in desperation. His hands touched the heavy metal doors, to check for the symbols that were mentioned in the books his family kept at the old house. But doing that by himself was going to take some time. He needed both Harley and Luke to help him find the door.

03:27:51.

"Help me find the fucking door." Calum hissed, going over to the next one.

Luke and Harley only stood there paralyzed. It was the first time either of them had ever seen Calum acting so desprately. The girl with golden blonde hair soon joined him, but Luke remained motionless. He didn't know how to help them.

"We won't find the door." Harley sighed in defeat when her blue eyes glanced at the clock. There was only a minute and a half left. She dropped her hands to her sides, giving up. Maybe it was her time to go to the next life, wherever that was. Calum continued searching each door desperately for the symbols which would indicate it was the door they were looking for. She placed a hand on his shoulder, urging him to stop. "Calum, you and Luke need to get out of here right now."

"I can't just leave you here. Fuck, Harley, I know sometimes people die and nothing can be done to save them. But I'm going to fucking try until the very last second." Calum shook his head. His hands continued to search blindly in the darkness, but she pulled on his arm, making him turn to face her.

Her voice came out in a low whisper now, in fear that if she spoke any louder she would start crying. "Forget me, okay? I'll certainly remember you in the next life."

Harley closed her ocean blue eyes and took a deep breath to calm herself, leaning in to meet her lips with Calum's. Luke was a few feet off, barely able to see them through the darkness, but he went to one of the nearest doors. It couldn't hurt to try to find the door they were looking for while the other two were in each other's arms.

Before her lips could meet with his, he stopped her, placing his index finger on her lips. "Don't." He told her, his voice full of heartache.

"Isn't that what you've been wanting from the beginning?" Harley asked him, her bue eyes opening up to look into his brown ones. If these were her last few minutes in the world of the living, she wanted to let Calum know she genuinely cared about him. Harley didn't know of a better way to show him that she cared than with a kiss. But even as she leaned in to kiss him, she couldn't help but think of Ashton. She would have liked to say goodbye to him as well.

"Not if I won't get to see you again." He answered. A small smile tugged at his lips as he added, "Save it for when I get rid of Mirror Boy."

"...Harley." Came the voice of Luke several feet down the hallway. "I think I found the door."

"I can't fucking believe this." Calum growled in disbelief, throwing his arms up in the air. "I come here to rescue you because Mirror Boy was the one who found the book, and now Barbie Boy finds our door? What is there left for me to do? Nothing!"

00:53:07.

"You can tell me what do do." Harley bit down on her lip.

"Just open the door and focus all your energy on getting back home. Just picture it and you'll be taken there. The hunters will be waiting for you." He instructed and she nodded, jogging towards the metal door, the only one with symbols engraved into it. She got it open and quickly walked inside. Calum hoped it would work and that he would see her again. He looked to Luke now, waving him over in annoyance. "Give me your hands."