24.1 - Answers

Elle's POV

Exactly one month later...

10 AM, Thursday

A horror show, that's what I looked like- No I looked like Carrie. That's what I looked like walking into Romeo's room where he was lifting weights. I was trapped within the blood that covered my body. Neither could Romeo, his eyes were roaming my body. He didn't have to ask how I managed to sneak past Alex, Aiden, and Harriet. He knew how I could he was a great teacher, he knew that I did something I'm not proud of. He knew that I couldn't stop crying as I stood nearly naked in front of Romeo. "Don't say anything, I got you." Romeo said as he brings me into a hug. I sobbed into his chest.

12 hours earlier...

Still in my ripped jeans shorts and tank top I wear to bed every night, my hair was still warped up waiting to be let out and free. In this moment I felt as if I was Olivia Pope in Scandal because I had red wine. I didn't drink the fancy stuff like she did, but...

I was popping popcorn into my mouth as if it was its own food group. The house was awfully quiet. Jude, Clayton and Aiden were probably still sleeping their summers away. It had already started for Aiden, he recently graduated with honors. I was so proud of him,

I couldn't wait to see Jude and Clayton graduate with honors. Aiden also recently turned 18, and today was going to the movies with some friends of his.

Lately, I've been bored laying around the house doing nothing because Alex and Harriet are living in the public eye. Oh speaking of them...

As of right now I was watching a live interview with America's hottest couple as you know: Alexander Hall and Harriet Reynolds. I know. I already know what you're gonna say, I spent all that time with Harriet laying down my own freedom to save her.

But that next morning, I see them on TV. She was bound to Marisol, she explained that it was her turn to protect the family, our family. And for that I couldn't stand in her way, even though it was hard to digest.

With all the hype they're rarely home. I was the one Clayton calls mom now, and it was heart breaking for Harriet to hear last time she was home. I knew this was crushing her and I felt so bad, I should be the one in her place taking the heat. I was trained for it,

"Knock, Knock."

Ignoring the door I kept eating the popcorn, and the knock went away. Maybe it was a reporter, some are brave enough to jump the gate to get my story about Alex and Harriet, or even Marisol.

Thinking of Marisol lately makes me drink to the point where I pass out. It's knowing that she been on the farm, in the house, maybe in my things while I was with Alex in high school. She's been with my Mom, has Harriet in her control, and makes me drink till I pass out.

I send the remote into the wall. Screaming I throw the damn table and have everything smash.

Glass had broken the skin on my hands as I look down to see them. "Shit," I mutter wiping it away. Without thinking of the pain that followed, such a bad idea as I rush to the kitchen to clean the wounds. Despite me spending my early morning and late nights in the vault going over those pictures of Marisol and my Mom, drinking till I pass out, and crying like a baby. I'm just fine,

With mended hands I straighten out my tank top, and get to work. I grab the bowl, glass, and pieces of the wine bottle and bring them all back into the kitchen, throw away the pieces and put the bowl in the sink. After putting everything away I glance at the window, but instantly take a second look.

"Oliver," Scrambling to the window I see Oliver and his jeep, he was doing something in the back seat. I high tailed it out of the house, down the paved steps and when I saw Romeo's presence appear from the jeep. He was rugged to say the least, hair was out grown and dirty. His beard was messy, he wasn't his clean cut self. And I didn't care, I got Romeo back!-I mean Oliver got Romeo back.