26 - Mentally aroused VS Physically screwed

Elle's POV

Mentally, I pulled away from his lips. Grinning like an idiot and giggled at the fact some of my lipstick stuck to his soft lips I never laid touch like this. Okay that's a lie all in its own, Romeo was too attractive and I was a pregnant woman with needs.

Of course we kissed each other over our years together, he licks his lips soon after. My eyes stayed stuck on his eyes as if a deer in headlights. "To be honest Elle bear I'll miss kissing you." I shrug as I punch his arm, he catch my punch and pulls me back into his body and covers my lips with his.

I kissed Romeo again...this was taking me back to Myrtle Beach...

Physically, I pulled away from Romeo's soft very kissable lips as I savored the taste as I licked my lips. My eyes were still closed, my lips tight savoring the sweet moisture on his perfect lips. I swayed some, holding onto his shoulder tighter than before.

My heart was racing so fast I thought I would explode, I was hot all over. My mind had just went haywire. Finally I opened my eyes to see his shinning face. He smirks taking that as a win, "You still got it," He laughs at my response. Slowly I let go of Romeo, he looked slightly affected. We turn to see Alex fuming. "Alex..."

"Not even after 2 hours of saying yes to me you go ahead and kiss him, I thought you loved me Elle. I hate you, we're done." He throws the ring down, I was stunned to the ground. "Wait," I went after him but was held down by Romeo. "Let me,"

Romeo's POV

I went after the old sap myself, found him chopping away cucumbers in the kitchen. I didn't bother saying anything, he did most of the talking. "I remember asking you a question here in this kitchen." Where was he going with this?

"Do you love her?"

Oh did that bring back memories, I smiled leaning against the counter picking out an apple and taking a bite. I looked at Alex's angered face,

"Yes I love her with every fucking cell in my body. Personally I think I would the best compatible provider for her and Jude. I outweigh you in every possible test she could ever give. I've listened to her, nursed her wounds, and satisfied her in more way than would put your sorry ass in shame. And if I'm being all honest, I don't understand what she sees in you. I don't understand her love for you, how she idols you, after you defending that bitch you call a mother I thought that would've been it for her, to keep going I think she's doing this to protect Harriet from what she suffered from you. I think she's blinded by her protectiveness that she thinks she's falling for you. I don't know, her mind works in mysterious ways. You don't know her, you really don't know her and I can say that because I've seen her. Not just seen her naked but actually seen the pain that your own psycho mom put in her, I know the girl who was invaded with bullet wounds and abuse at young age. You just know the girl I healed."

By the way he was fuming he knew I was right, "But you will always win because you have a child with her, and you had her heart since she was 3 years old." He looked surprised by my answer, especially after a rant like that. I took another bite of the apple.

"Yes Alex I love her. I'll never stop loving her. But don't let that stop you if you are willing to fight for her. Just know I won't go down easy, or not at all." He gives me a narrowed look, clutching the knife a little tighter. "What does that even mean?"

"Alex I'm just her friend...her best friend...the one who she curls up in bed with. Did you stay with her while I was away?" I knew I was cutting deep in his skin. He looks away from me, "I never had the chance, and she's always pushing me away." Oh he made it too easy for me. I just had to go there, he walked into this one. "Hmm, I don't know what that's like." Fire exploded within his eyes and I started to smirk a bit. I'll stop roasting the poor guy,