25 - Transcendent

~This chapter is dedicated to the wonderful person, @blacksistah. Thanks for commenting! ~

Elle's POV

Romeo slowly peels off my jacket, the shirt was a different story since it had molded to my skin. He had to cut it away. Starting the shower he strips me to my bra and panties and rinses me down. The water felt like fire. It was terrible, because of all the open wounds. "You have 8 stab wounds, and 2 wounds that need stitches." He says to me even though I think he was talking to himself.

"I'm gonna need to stitch up your back," He says before I un-do the strap of my bra and face the wall of the shower as he works on stitching me up. I was glad he didn't ask me what I had done to get myself in this situation. "Did you settle your demons?"

"Yes,"

"Did you kill her?"

"I'm not sure, but with the cut I gave her, she'd have to be one hell of a fighter..." I smiled a bit only to frown. "Shit she's not dead." Romeo's hand traveled further down my spine as I talked. "How do you know that?"

"Because her people were there to pick her up after I sliced her open literally. Whatever I did to her is over, and there is no way she can mess with me anymore. If she's not dead, then I will defiantly convince Alex to marry me instead to free Harriet and defeat Marisol for the final time." I say happily, 

"I get that you are angry, but what do you get from this? Sure, I understand that Marisol will most likely leave you alone if you marry Alex... You don't love Alex do you?" I shrugged my shoulders, and I admit I did-do miss Alex. "Yes, it all works out perfectly. I'll have that perfect family dream. Is that so wrong?" I say,

Romeo holds me by the hips and he makes me face him. I'm struggling to keep the black bra in place as he stares at me. "Are you seriously considering going through another chance at marriage to a man who is related to the woman who was screwing your mom. No disrespect. You still love Alex right? Because if you do then it's all worth it in my book. I got your back. But it has to be something you truly want this time."

I don't say anything as I think truly think on this, "I've had months to think this over, I need to do something Romeo." He shakes his head, but I stop him from ever saying another word. "Believe me Romeo this is for good reasons. I need to feel like I did something good after what I did, after what I've been thinking, after all the dangerous actions I've taken I can't look at Jude. I feel that he'll sense all the blood on my hands, I need this. I need to know that I'm still good, not consumed with death, surrounded by death. Damn it Romeo! I need this!" I started to sob again. He rubs my back tenderly,

"What if Harriet and Alex really start falling in love with each other? Like Brad and Jennifer then Brad did a movie with Angelina. Next thing we know they're married," Okay there he had a point,

"Well we should discuss this with them. I don't want to just do something spontaneously; I've thought about this Romeo." He nods wiping my face down with a wet cloth, scrubbing the rest of the blood off me he ends the cleaning process with a simple peck on the lips before standing up. Holding out a hand I take it and walk out of the shower and past him into his room. I look at the bed; damn did it look inviting.

"Aren't you gonna take one of my shirts like usual?" He questions. I shake my head explaining that the cotton would only irritate my back. I look back to see him remove his shirt. I felt strong arms wrap around me, a strong chest on my back. His warm breath on my neck, "I'll make sure not to irritate your back tonight."

**

10 AM

Pouring myself a cup of tea, I was now wearing Romeo's shirt and it might have looked as if I had spent the night in his room in that sexual way. Given the way Oliver gave me a thumbs up before flashing concern at my cut face. "What happened to you? What's been happening to you? I barely saw you yesterday."