24 - Marisol's Plan is a GO

Elle's POV

Arranged marriage is a type of marital union where the bride and groom are selected by a third party rather than by each other. It was common worldwide until the 18th century.

Reality check!

It's the 21st century, where in the hell is it common now huh? Where does Alex get such a crazy idea because that's crazy-like really stuck on stupid crazy.

"You read the results you are Clay's Dad; the whole DNA thing will blow over-" Alex drags his fingers along his face before balling them in a fist. "Elle the world thinks I'm not the Dad. Mom isn't releasing the actual test, just the test that makes me look like a baby daddy. That's why she said all those things about no matter what happens Clay will always be a Hall, a true hall remember? She was setting me up for this to happen...so that to save my reputation and Harriet's.... it's the best option for us both that we get married."

"So you're willing to marry Harriet to protect your image? To protect Clay and Harriet?" I ask just making sure I got all the details because I clearly missed the one Marisol was giving me earlier. Rubbing my face in anger I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel.

No I can't handle this anymore, I need to know what our next step is. Hearing that Alex and Harriet are getting married isn't making my nerves calm, I won't have it. "You got to come up with something better than that-"

"She's threatened to kill you so many times I can't count, she put everyone in danger, killed Romeo. I'm ending this. I'll gladly play into my mother's games if that means you, Jude, and Aiden will be okay. If it's a wedding she wants, it's a wedding she'll get."

Wow, Alex stepping up to home plate and ready to take that swing. If this was happening when I first ran into Alex earlier in the book you know when I was fighting off Sandra...I wouldn't have thought twice about it. I would've already packed up their things and ship them back to Boston.

But...now...

Things were different, no I didn't care about Alex giving up his freedom and rights I could care less. But Harriet, a girl I guess I grown fond of and Oliver's cousin so in a sense she's family already...I can't let her get sucked into this.

Where was she anyway? How was she dealing with all of this? Wasn't she with Derwin? If anyone needed to be saved its Harriet, out of all the people here she didn't ask for this. She was the most vulnerable to Marisol's plans. All of us could fight and protect each other, we all had each other's backs and lost someone in the process...Harriet.

She was lured in, slept with Alex, and is secretly bound to Marisol forever and unlike me who wanted to be a Hall Harriet wants nothing to do with it. She doesn't want Alex; she doesn't want Marisol or the Hall name. She just wanted to see Derwin and raise Clay.

And for that I'm willing to be in her corner and fight her fight. "Earth to Elle!"

I snapped in his face, "Newsflash Romeo isn't dead!" He rolls his eyes as if annoyed with this conversation. He stands up to walk away from me when I go after him. Grabbing his shoulder, I turn him towards me, I pull him towards me before twisting my body.

He's on the ground hard with my forearm pressed against his neck. "The topic was Romeo Alex. You know any word of Romeo and I go crazy, I said something important...hope that Romeo isn't dead. And you just run off..."

"It's just been 3 months and nothing, I thought if anyone here you would have the first message of anything. But that's what it was Elle, I'm just concerned for you because you use to be so busy with Romeo.... now that he's not here you're meddling into my life trying to fix everyone..."