29 - He knows

Elle's POV

Utter humiliation was the phase for today people! My mouth was completely hung open as he kisses my cheek before closing the door behind him. I hate him.

**

The next day...

The whole day was boring, besides taking Jude to the park, getting some ice cream. We headed back into the hotel because we were that bored. I called to check up on Harriet and Aiden, they were doing well. At the moment I was buying a ton of snacks from a nearby gas station. "That'll be 8.52 ma'am." The cashier said politely said...

Finally, back at the hotel after filling up the tank I come through the door to be greeted by Romeo and Jude in my room. "You do know we have room service right?"

"I wanted junk food, just simple gas station junk food. Besides it's almost comfort food for what we're gonna talk about...again."

"And what is that?"

Setting the food down on the table I walk over to the bed and for a second glance at my little boy who was sleeping on Romeo's chest. So beautiful and innocent, my heart always jumped at the sight of my son. Never had I been so proud to be a mom, or willing to protect someone so much...besides Romeo. I swallowed hard before looking at Romeo.

"We need to address what happened last night, I need to explain a few things. We need to discuss your little theory on how I'm a virgin of sorts hung up on Alex-"

"And how you moaned in your sleep, yea let's talk about who you were dreaming about Elle. Let's discuss everything."

I knew what he was doing with his knowing yet challenging smolder. Ugh, he thinks he's won...he has another thing coming. "It was a slip of desire and nothing more. Won't make that mistake again." I said briskly with a tight jaw a sign of struggle to keep my emotions in check. And that wasn't it. I sit down on the edge of the bed.

"I remember telling Alex for the first time about my scars, I was a cold hearted vengeful person back then. Hell bent on getting revenge and justice so that Jude and I could live in peace without torment from Marisol."

Romeo nods his head listening intensely, "Yea I was there."

"I went from a pregnant assassin to a mom who lays around the house and fights with Alex in a complicated ongoing cycle because for so long all I knew was Alex Hall. I didn't know I could love anyone else besides Alex...but I have Jude."

When I went into labor when people were trying to kill me Romeo was there. To be honest, I mean utterly and brutally honest about my feelings on Romeo is that he is the epitome of sexiness, charm, and every girl's wet dream who comes across his face. But me, he's just Romeo. And I could never love him as much as I internally love Alex.

Then he speaks, "The first time you had sex with Alex it wasn't sex Elle, you made love with Alex." And then it dawned on me and I immediately stood up, "And it was Alex who made me weak!" Romeo shakes his head, "Oh no that's not what I'm saying-"

"Yes it is! And since you said that I feel free of Alex, and I feel we could actually run away together like we planned a while ago."

He was giving me pained eyes, "Elle we can't leave,"

"Why not! Alex has given me nothing but stretch marks, bigger boobs, and a kid." I snapped at Romeo who sighed heavily running a hand through his hair. "Why am I like this Romeo?"

"Because you don't just have sex with guys you make love," I gave him crossed eyes and folded my arms. "How would you know that if I slept with Alex?" He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't, I'm assuming...look at it this way you haven't been on a date, you haven't even attempted to sleep with Oliver even when we were traveling the world-hell you didn't sleep with me."

He winks earning him a laugh from me, "Honestly Elle you get attached to things very quickly, like when I came back it hadn't even been 2 minutes before you were telling me you're getting back with Alex, and then 2 more minutes later kissed me, so...your just very complicated." because Alex was my first-no is my first. I never slept with anyone besides Alex in my life. My eyes were getting watery, "Was I this complicated when we were training and then when I had Jude." He shakes his head, "You had nothing to commit to...except me."

He was right, Romeo had been the only constant thing in my life. And I was attached to him, when he died I didn't know what to do with my life. I was so low in depression I almost got raped because I lost the will to fight.

I went over to Romeo's room that had the table and saw a bottle of champagne, two glasses, and an ice bucket that was already full of ice. "Did you fill up the bucket while I was sleep?" He nods but gives me a confused look, "What are we celebrating?" I handed him a cup before gulping mine down very quickly.

"We're celebrating us Romeo, finding each other, and making sure we stay together no matter what." He smiles eyeing me and the second drink, he slowly takes his down. "Why are you acting like that?"

"Because the doctor told you no smoking, no more than 2 glasses of alcohol, and to eat healthy. Where are those salads I ordered?" He questioned looking at the door. I pulled him back to me. "Romeo what was the vow you made to me when I was just 15?"

"That I would protect you no matter what," I gulp down the second drink, before watching his reaction. "Just make sure I don't do anything stupid,"

"We have a kid in the room next door, you downing that drink was stupid. Elle I hate seeing you like this, you were doing the exact same thing when we left Alex after Marisol shot you." He takes my drink and sets it down, I send my knee to his groin before taking his glass once he doubles over. I slam it against the floor and take the bottle. "You don't know what I'm feeling Romeo okay? You have no idea, I just want to forget about everything and get drunk."

I wiped my eyes, "Help me get over Alex," I said wrapping my arms around Romeo and he quickly pulled back. "As tempting as you are angel I can't." His eyes looked desperate as I moved forward and he stepped back.

"What's the matter Romeo you can't help a friend out?" He gulps, but shakes his head free of thoughts. He stands more firmly, "No, and you should be good after the little fantasy you had of me anyway."

I pouted, crossing my arms. "I told you, a slip of character. And why not?"

"Because I love you too much to sleep with you, I love you too much to ruin our friendship over a few minutes-a few hours of fun." He confessed looking away from me, and I roll my eyes. "You are the worst friend ever," I said very annoyed,

"Are you mad because I didn't sleep with you or because you're realizing that it's time to move on from Alex?"

"Alex," I admit covering my face with my hands as I was scooped up in Romeo's arm as we laid down on the bed. I inhaled his manly scent, "Romeo were you really debating on kissing me?"

"I'll say this...if whenever I kiss you...you'll know I'll want to kiss you."

**

Vote

Comment

Fan

Please

Xoxo

A/N: Do you like Romeo and Elle's scene?

Teaser: Marisol makes an appearance, Elle moves on, and Aiden might get a bigger part this chapter.