28 - Sea of Emotions

Elle's (Short) POV

His eyes roamed over my clothes, rather lack of clothes to be honest. Just little ole me in in tight little shorts that would pass as underwear and a large T-shirt...his T-shirt.

The way his sweat pants hung dangerously low made my hand go right to my neck as if to sooth the lump forming in my throat. It was getting hard to breathe, "You okay?"

Nodding was my best bet given that no words were leaving my mouth. I saw him reach up and lean against the frame. Ya know when a guy has his arms above his head and kind of lean against something, and shows off just how muscular they are.

Man, my eye went wide at that one. Immediately I looked down, I couldn't believe I was blushing like a school girl. And over what? Romeo?! For heaven's sake! Come on now! "I just had a bad dream,"

He puts his arms down and holds my hands, "Well my bed is always open," Pulling me inside I felt much better..."Thanks," Wrapping his arm around my waist he kisses my forehead.

"Don't thank me yet,"

Alex's POV

"You screwed up man," Oliver said after I passed him a beer, he had come over to a hotel I was staying at. Oliver didn't have to tell me I messed up, I knew yelling at Elle was wrong. I knew thinking that there was something between Romeo and Elle was wrong. I knew letting her walk out was wrong. "I know I did but even when Elle returned pregnant she was different. She was- is a changed person."

Oliver chuckled taking another swig of the beer, I was jealous. There I admit it, the second Elle came back into my life pregnant and all things were rocky between us. In her new warrior eyes there was no love for me, and when I saw Romeo I felt replaced. "That was Romeo's doing, he trained her well. She's a talent." I narrowed my eyes at him, "Did you ever like Elle?" Just to settle my own inner demons,

"Why are you so paranoid about Elle? And no, I mean I wanted to hit itb but Romeo was very clear she was off limits. Ya know when we first met she was only 16 years old." My nose wrinkled up in...I don't even know what to call it. Disgust, anger, a mixture of both I have no clue.

"Do you think there was anything between Romeo and Elle?" Oliver remains quiet looking at the game playing on the flat screen in front of us as he takes another sip of the beer. "Hmm," He thought his brows creasing together. He swallowed, "Yes I do."

Glaring wasn't a strong enough word, if looks could kill Oliver would've already been dead. "That bastard-" He cuts me off, with his hand in front of me. His demeanor was calm and collected, as if he had predicted my reaction.

"You know of Elle and Romeo to be best friend traveling the world and taking on grand adventures. He's the one who practically saved Elle from your mother, he protected her when you didn't. Romeo believed in her when she confessed the abuse about your parents when you turned a blind eye-hell bro you even went on your Mom's side in that trail. If that doesn't scream betrayal, rejection, and heart break I don't know what does. So excuse me when I say I do think there is something. The love they share runs deeper than we'll ever know, they're each other's person-soulmates. The bond between the two of them is out matched, you are outmatched Alex. They're too close for words,"

Oliver's POV

I hope I didn't dwell too much on the fact that as I was speaking of Elle and Romeo it brought back memories of recently talking to Elle about when she had kissed Romeo in front of Alex. And we were talking about how their relationship was deeper than what it appeared.

And how there was a clear denial on her part, how could anyone deny a love that brews between them so brightly? And the sad part is when Elle and Romeo are so blind to it, I just hope Alex doesn't burn the hotel down.