2 - No More Running

Alex's POV

A few hours earlier...

I was staying in the Hamptons only for a few more days enjoying the holidays with my family. Really it was a hard adjustment without Elle by my side, she told me in a letter not only could she not marry me but she didn't want her child to grow up with such evil people.

First of all those evil people she's referring to are my family, so that's strike one. Strike two was when she decided to just up and leave with my kid. And strike three was leaving me hurt and confused about it all.

Now could care less about Elle Simmons, and what she had become of her life. I didn't want to know what she was doing anymore. I moved on with a lot of drinks and drowning myself into work. Mom and Sandra told me to leave Seattle for a while but I never did,

My phone vibrated on the sheets next to me, "Hello..." I answered,

"Hey did you see what mom did? She wrote about Elle and the baby, she's going after her...again."

I sat up listening more intently, ugh it was one thing to go after Elle in the beginning when I was hurting. But now, months later it was getting old and making our image not look so hot. "Sandra slow down, what is mom doing? And I thought Elle was long gone?" Sandra knew better than to get my hopes up,

"She's not she's right here in the shop, I know it's a long time coming but I promised Mom and you to get answers." I didn't like the tone Sandra was using, sure Elle hurt all of us with the departure but still. Sandra didn't have to go to extreme measures.

"She's been living under our parent's noses for the last 7 months. Now that they know where she. I know where she is. Get here quick," She barked over the phone, I knew how she got when making promising. She was the person to never break them no matter what. Being 23 years old she trained with navy seals for 2 years.

"Okay now what interview?"

"It's on the air!" I hung up the phone, rush out of my bedroom, shuffling down the stairs when I see the familiar Jake Spoon interview my mother in our vast living room. I adjusted my shirt before waiting till they went to break. She smiled at Jake not even bothering to look at me.

"So Marisol what do you have to say to the sighting of runaway bride Elle? She looks as if she's about to pop? Would you want a relationship with the newest Hall?"

My mother effortlessly laughs, "Of course I would but how can I when she tore this family apart. She broke my son's heart, nearly destroyed my marriage, and she's the reason why I don't have a connection with my daughter Sandra to this day. But I would do anything to make sure my grandson is safe from the un-fit mother Elle Simmons."

Jake looks over his cards before asking another question I didn't even get to process because my mother came out saying in a rude manner,

"I knew Elle, I brought her into my loving home and she breaks our family apart. She's not fit to be a mother. Have you seen her jail records, her many other failed marriages or when she drinks? Did I mention she was drinking during her pregnancy and tried to kill herself?" My mouth just dropped, she was telling lies right in front of me. I knew Elle since I was 3 years old and never was she like that. Yes she had a record, yes she was married before but the drinking was just lies. As a matter of fact, Elle feared drinking because it ruined her father's life drinking himself to his early death of 40."

They finished their interview rather quickly and that's when my mother stopped smiling and caught my rage. "Son don't look at me like that, I did it for you. She's smart to stay out of our lives, and that child is our heir." She points out politely,