30 - The Elle Effect

Elle's POV

I woke up on my side wrapping around a pillow and a sheet shivering. The thought alone knowing that I was wearing leggings and a button down shirt made me shiver less. The room was quiet, maybe Romeo had already taken care of Jude for me. Sighing at that thought I went back to sleep,

"Lock," My eyes snapped open to the sound of a door locking, I knew the difference between un-locked and locked doors. Marisol taught me that, in one swift motion the sheet left my body.

Sitting up I made minimum noise before I grabbed my boot heels and started towards the door, padding across the patterned carpet. Pressing my ear against the door I heard a muffle grunt, and then Jude's giggles.

That had done it for me, rearing back I send my foot through the door knob knocking the door completely off the hinges as I walk in to have about 8 different guns pointed at me. Romeo was tied down, and Marisol was holding Jude on her hip.

"If you don't want to see a bullet through his head, you'll listen carefully." She handed Jude over to one of her female goons. When Jude saw me he immediately wanted to be in my arms. I reached out before I heard more clicks of ready pistols aimed for me.

"Marisol if you know what's best for you, you would give Jude to me." She wrinkles her nose, "Fine," Soon Jude was in my arms, and I glanced over at Romeo who wasn't struggling, reserving his energy,

"What could you possibly want to talk about with me?" I asked having Jude place his head on my chest in a warm embrace. She stands there with so much poise and grace but I knew just right below the surface of his porcelain skin she was a serpent, a pet of the devil.

"Not here dear, you know the drill." Immediately a girl takes Jude away when I react breaking her arm, catching Jude and dodging the gun shots before racing out of the joined room. Leaving everything behind me I race down the hall,

I grunted annoyed after hearing the narrow bullets, I duck into an elevator. Closing the door I relax all the way down to the floor. I uncover my arms around Jude who was unharmed, but he was shaken up. "Mommy," His said with worry as if he knew something was off or wrong.

"Everything is alright darling," I smiled before kissing his forehead getting to my feet I press the stop button on the elevator halting anymore movements. I needed to get out of this elevator as soon as possible.

Looking around I was distracted by the thoughts of Marisol, her goons, and Romeo being locked up. It hurt for me to think I had left him again, my hands started to shake. Back to Marisol, what could she want from me?

Marisol's POV

Overlooking the pictures again and again only fueled my anger, and I threw them down to Romeo's feet. "You know I've killed many people in my lifetime, I should've made sure to kill you myself Romeo." I said glancing at Romeo who was being held down by 4 men, he already beaten two other men and women,

"What are you getting at? We both know you don't hate Elle, you're jealous or whatever. Or is it because her father dumped your sorry ass! What is it? Why do you hate her so much? All she did was love Alex!" I slapped him across the face, he chuckled.

"You're hands are so dainty,"

I rolled my eyes, "She's ruining my plans, and it was supposed to be Harriet and Alex. There are a ton of reasons I hate Elle. She's a poison to my son, I never approved of her for a second."

"What do you want from her? Alex is marrying Harriet," My eyes were fixed on Romeo at this point. "What?" He nods and gives me a strange look, "What did you hear?"