20 - Ninja Stars

Elle's POV

My heart dropped from my chest and landed on the beautifully polished marble floor I paid for

My heart dropped from my chest and landed on the beautifully polished marble floor I paid for. I mean it just splattered all over across our feet and on the chair next to me. No I didn't come this far in my recovery, in my grieving to believe that Romeo was alive. I already dealt with the fact he's gone and never coming back to me. Why would he do this again?

Viciously pushing away from him I glare at him, he could tell he hit close to home. Hell he was home, shit. We didn't say anything.

"How do you two know each other?" Alex asked with a smug grin on his face, Harriet's face was shocked. "Ollie how do you two know each other? I thought he knew no one here, since he moved from Portugal not too long ago." She concluded and I turned towards them with a stone face.

In other words, I wasn't smiling...

"Well we live in Portugal, I knew her friend Romeo. Actually-"

I had to cut in, "When I fleeing the country of Marisol...mostly Marisol because she was the one responsible for having me be taken away from my house and into Romeo's arms. And our first spot was Portugal. He told me Ollie was a brother from another mother, we grew close over the years we shared-."

That's when Oliver cut in, "I vowed to always protect her, like Romeo." He reaches out to touch my face and I allow him, as I falter some. I hated how close I was to Oliver so I did something about it. I shoved him out of the way by my shoulder moving towards the kitchen. Ugh I need a drink! Oliver was close on my heels. "You think I would lie about someone you loved Elle? He was my friend too, as soon as I heard the news-"

Picking up a butcher knife, "Where did you hear the Intel Oliver?" He eyed the knife before putting his hands out in front of him. I knew Oliver to be an ex-marine covert operative spy for a foreign government. "From him, the day you found out he was dead. Did you see his body! As an assassin of code you always-"

"Check the body," I said for him, I felt dumb for forgetting that rule in that time. Damn it could've saved me the hassle. But something else sprang into my mind. "Alex told me he was dead." Oliver stills, before subtly shaking his head. So why did Alex lie to me? Did Romeo tell him to lie to me? What was the purpose for all of this? Why would Romeo or Alex do such a thing to me? I thought he loved me, I thought they both loved me?

"Elle-" In a flash I send two ninja stars out in the air narrowly missing Harriet but caught Alex up against a wall. I pinned his shirt down and he was hanging helpless. "Geez!" Oliver commented while I barely heard Harriet's gasp. "Aiden go get my gun! Get the big one damn it!" I command leaping over the counter and strolling mighty quickly to Alex. He was petrified. He really shouldn't be because we go through this so often.

"You keep lying to me! Did you go see Romeo? Did you ID his body?" He nods, and his eyes looked so sad. "Elle the doctors thought he was dead, when they left Romeo came back to life. I was two seconds from getting you when he told me there wasn't enough time. There was a cult coming to get him, he had some kind of debt to pay or whatever. And instead of coming after you, he was turning himself in..." He takes a pause for a second before continuing.