Chapter 59

Logan

"I will drive," I said with hands stretched as the driver sent to take me back to the castle froze with the keys dangling in his hands. "Hand over the keys."

"I'm sorry your Highness but her Maj-"

Snatching the keys from his hands, I slid into the driver's seat, locked all doors from within before winding down the windows. "Tell her Majesty, I will love some alone time."

With that, I drove recklessly out of the hospital into the motorway, manoeuvring through cars and getting the honk of horns and screams from drivers. The noise made my vision blur as I felt hurled by the suddenness of all event within the last forty-eight hours.

Fresh air.

That was what I needed and I knew where such peace could find. Aware I could be trailed, I parked the car in the lot of a store and quickly waved down a taxi.

"Where to sir?" The driver inquired turning but he trailed the moment our eyes met. "Y...Y-"

"I will pay what you earn in a month if you don't say a word and take me straight to my destination," I said, searching through my pocket and pulling out my card as the driver stared with wide eyes.

***

I told her all, leaving nothing unsaid as only her wisdom could aid my heart which was in a disruptive state, ready to explode from uncertainty and sadness. She leaned forward, covered her hands on mine with a gentle stroke of a mother as  Emily's yelled with the loud laughter from the Tv in the living room.

"I am sorry about your grandma but you need to stop taking the blames and find a way out." She paused. "I will suggest you talk to them both."

"Mum?"

"And Annabelle," she said with a thin smile.
"Do you love her?"

"I'm not sure... I just." I exhaled and placed my hands on my head as the weight on my shoulders grew heavier. In truth, Love was a topic which whirled with fear and hurt but it also brought about a unique feeling. That was what I felt towards Belle,  a feeling that opposed those I held on the tips of my finger's before we met. She was all I needed, her stubbornness and craziness were all I desired. "I don't know."

"You need to be certain before making any decision Your highness. But I will advice to have a talk with her Majesty and make things right."

"Logan! Someone is at the door  for you!" Emily's voice rang from the living room. "Logan!"

Knowing who my guest was without being told, I hurriedly moved to the living room where Emily was with the door wide open while Leo stood with a box of chocolate, the exact type I always got for her.

"How?" I said standing behind Emily who's eyes was fixed on Leo.

"Can we do this away from the princess?"

"Emily...come on In," Gloria said, motioning to Emily who made no effort to wheel away from between I and Leo.

"Hey Gloria. I am Leo, Logan's cousin," Leo introduced with a smile will I watched him hand the chocolate to Gloria.

"Nice to meet you. Sorry about her, we will just let you get down to your discussion," she said handing the chocolate to her grandchild. "Now c'mon Emily."

The moment she wheeled Emily into the music room, I walked out of the building knowing he was behind me from the snipping of his finger and the hairs that rose on my neck.

"It's nice to meet them in person."

"Of course you knew about them. What do you want?" I inquired standing before his car.