Chapter 18

Logan

I walked into the flat with Annabelle's aunt leading the way. The woman was crazy, that was the only way I could define her, jumping in front of a running vehicle was an insane act and snatching my keys to ensure I stayed the night, was another thing.

"So I'm going to make the tea now," She said swinging the keys in my face.

I took my seat as realization done on me, I was going to sleep on a sofa for the first time in my life, plus, I didn't have my pyjamas with me, neither did I have a toothbrush and other necessaries. I stood up, took out my phone and walked out of the flat.

"I can't sleep on the sofa," I said dialling Aaron.

"And you can't sleep in my room either." Came the calm voice from behind me.

"I will sleep in my car."

"Get ready to have my snoring aunty sleep beside you."

I moved my phone to my ear ignoring Annabelle's comment, she was making things worst.

"Your highness?"

"There is an emergency Aaron."

"Emergency?" He asked his voice filled with concerned.

"Yes, I'm stuck in Annabelle's house," I said moving away from Annabelle, who whistled at my last words.

"Stuck?"

"It's really complicated but I can't leave, unless I want a dead body on my windshield."

Aaron coughed.

"Are you there?"

"Yes your highness."

"I need a change of cloth, I'm just staying for the night, can you bring it over?"

"Yes, your highness."

"Thank you Aaron." I hunged up and turned to see Annabelle had gone back inside.

***

I watched her placed the cup of tea before me. "Thank you."

"Welcome quite one," she said with a smile.

I smiled at the nickname, despite her craziness, her smile had the capacity to lift anyone up.

"See you have a good smile attached to that handsome face," she said walking to the kitchen.

Annabelle walked down the stairs in her black pyjamas, she moved to the sofa facing me and crossed her legs.

"Sure you wouldn't just use an old baggie shirt I have?"

"I'm fine, Aaron will be here anytime soon."

On cue my phone vibrated, I stood up, my heart filled with hope.

"Where are you now?"

"Your highness I won't make it."

"Why?" I asked, shocked.

"Because I told him not to! You deserve privacy!" Came my Grandma's voice.

I stiffened at her voice. "You can't do that."

"Goodnight grandson." The phone went dead on my ears.

"Are you still up for the baggie shirt?"

I turned to her, running my fingers down my hair with frustration visible on my face.

"I'm sorry, I really did not plan this, but sleeping in those sleeves will be quite uncomfortable for you, you can use the baggie."

I sighed and walked inside with her leading the way.