Chapter 14

Logan

"Hello, Eva."

"If it isn't my ex-boyfriend, his royal Highness," She said, tapping her fingers on the table.

Her long black hair was cut short, stopping below her chin, her Amber brown eyes still had the power to pierce through anyone or any piece of art.

She caught me staring and smiled.

How could I think anyone could play the role of this woman? I thought mentally slapping myself.

"Funny how we always meet in a cafe don't you think?" I muttered, I wasn't cut out to meet her and I was sure she felt the same way. 

"I think cafe shops holds our spirit, anyways I came shopping," She answered still tapping down on the table.

"That's great," I said closing the newpaper and placing it on the table.

"And what are you doing here Logan?"

"Business."

She eyed me suspensiouly and clicked her tongue with a mischievous smile. "Same business you always have in Paris?"

"Can we not do this here?"

"Sure, it's just funny that's all."

I stared at my wristwatch, Franklin was five minutes late, which was quite unacceptable for a business partner.

She looked from my watch to my face and stood up. "I hope your date makes it, I'm leaving."

"It's really nice seeing you again Eva, I hope I see you soon."

She picked up her bag and gave me her mischievous smile again. "Oh, we will be seeing real soon, trust me Logan."

She placed her sunglasses on and started towards the door.

I watched every confident step she took out of the cafe, it still felt like yesterday, the promises of faithfulness, the feeling of being in loved, all gone from a stupid mistake I made.

I stared down at my wristwatch again, it was already 2:30 pm and Franklin was damn late.

I had plans to get back to  England before Leo and Annabella left for the dinner. I could handle Leo by just keeping mute, that's what I've been doing most my life, but I wasn't sure of Annabelle, the girl got power in her tongue.

I stared up at the entrances to the cafe shop as the well-built figure of Franklin and his blond-haired assistant walked in.

I stood up as they approached the table.

"Good afternoon your highness, I'm sorry I'm late," He said taking my extended hands.

"That's not a problem Mr Franklin, can we get down to business?"

"Sure," he said as they both took their seat.

***

Annabelle

I walked into my room, shut the door and brought out my phone from my purse, I had to mute it in the company of Rose, and from the continues vibration, I knew I had a thousand missed calls to answer.

I scrolled to my call log, all my missed calls were from Joshua, I dialled his line and he picked up immediately.

"Hey Joshua, you blasted my phone."

"Sorry about that, Poppy came around, she actually did the calling."

Poppy was Joshua redheaded, overprotective girlfriend, she ensured he stayed clear of any girl, which was quite impossible since he was a bartender, a cute one at that.