Chapter 43

This chapter is dedicated to atin38 Thanks for the Votes and comment girl❤❤.

Annabelle

I glanced at the clock but the firm knock resounded again, an assurance I heard right. I pulled the sheet off my body and rolled my hair into a bun as I strolled to the door.

Pulling it open, I gazed at Logan who had been unavailable since our garden meeting last night.

Remembering the incident, I frowned wondering what he wanted but also giving way for him to step in.

"I am here to apologize for my attitude last night."

I stared at him, searching for a slight lift of his nose or lips to indicate he was joking, but his face was void of these expressions. His lips were pressed with seriousness and his eyes held mine.

"Ok...Go on."

"That's all," he said, now standing before the sofa's while I stood by the door.

"That's all?"

He bobbed.

I strode from the door with folded arms. "That can't be all. You need to say the words, you have to say; I am sorry."

"Why? My presence is enough to show how remorseful I feel over last night's event."

Sensing his reluctance to say the words, I puckered my brows. "You apologised to the Queen yesterday. There is no difference with this."

With a relaxed look, he moved to where I stood. My hands were still folded on my chest like a shield, covering my skin from the heat that floated with him.

"Tell me this Belle. Why are you mad? Is this still about the incident in the garden or the kiss?"

Was I even mad at him? Call me crazy but I wasn't. My anger for him was diverted to myself. I was mad at myself for seeing him in a different way.

I craved to hate him the way I did days back. But all that was replaced by an overwhelming feeling I never believe existed. Dating was not a deal for me but my past four relationships were without connection, at least from my part.

"Tell me Belle." he tilted his head a bit, the space between us was soo thin his smell had me intoxicated.

Feeling the blazing heat in my stomach, I pushed him a little. "First I need space."

"And second?" He said smiling.

"And second, friends don't kiss." Dreading my own words, I watched his smile slowly fade.

"I am sorry," he said, the weight of his words soo heavy they poured out slowly.

"See, it wasn't that hard or was it?" I smiled, trying to make light the atmosphere that for some reason felt broken.

"It was a little." A thin smile moved to the corner of his lips, "How was the rehearsal with Daniel?"

"Perfect."

"I need to leave now," he said and moved to the door, while I wonder if he felt the same way I did or if this was just part of our lies.

I turned, ready for bed but his words halted my movement. "Can I show you something?"

***

"This truly is a secret passage?" I whispered as he led the way down the stone stairs of a secret passageway located behind his wardrobe.

"Yes mate." His voice, though low echoed with our footsteps as we continued our journey that had me excited.

Kneading my hands together, I looked around the ancient walls that had no modern design or gold painting like the interior of the castle. But it did had a light bulb at each side of the wall. The lights gave the ancient walls a magnificent and less creepy look.