Chapter 15

Annabelle

"Just follow my steps, and try looking up at me, not the floor."

"Ok."

We moved slowly to the rhythm, with his hands on my waist, and mine rested on his shoulders, just like the other couples. 

You are dancing with heels again!

At the thought of that, I stepped on Leo's left foot.

"I'm so sorry," I apologized, my face red in embarrassment.

He smiled. "It's ok."

I wish you can dance the flamenco now Annabelle, please dance the flamenco.

I shut my eyes, as my subconscious pleaded I preformed the same Spanish dance step that landed me in a hospital bed with a twisted ankle.

"Where did you met him?"

My eyes flew open. "Huh?"

"Logan, where did this miracle happen?"

"Alabama."

"Quite a coincidence don't you think?" He muttered.

I stared up to see him looking lost . "What do you mean?"

"It's nothing, I am just curious."

I smiled. "You know, there is a proverb about curiosity."

He stared into my eyes without blinking, his blue eyes searched mine. 

"Curiosity killed the cat? But I'm no cat Eva."

"Yeah, you are a full-grown man, not an animal," I said breaking the awkward stare.

"You know, my cousin can be crazy, but when he loves, he loves for real."

"I figured."

"Well then, I'm going to leave you with him now."

"Who?"

"Logan of course."

I followed his stares to see Logan with a blonde lady in a red laced gown, her hair was braided and packed in a stylish bun. She seemed taken by their discussions, as she placed her hands on his and smiled.

What's he doing here?

"Come on," Leo said leading the way back to our table.

Logan left the blonde and headed to our table, he stopped to greet some guest with smile's on his face and constant shaking of hands.

"Come on Eva, I will love a dance," He said the moment he finally got to the table.

"I'm tired."

"We need to talk," He muttered through his teeth, the smile still pasted on his face.

I turned in search of Leo, but saw he had left the table and was engrossed in a conversation with an elderly lady who had a pink hat on.

I stood up and strolled back to the dancing floor with Logan, he placed his hands on my waist, pulling me closer as he did.

"What did he say?"

"Who?"

"Don't play dumb with me Annabelle."

"Who? Do you mean Leo? Just a little chitchat," I answered, teasing him was fun but I was getting really tired of dancing.

"You didn't throw a spanner in the work, did you?"

"Give me a break Logan, I didn't."

"Well I'm totally gobsmacked at that, you seem to be gaining my loyalty each day."