Chapter 50

Logan

"I never should have said that. I'm sorry."

I let my hands run down the steering wheels, letting out caged air as I turned to her. "You don't have to apologize. You are right...But I need him. I can't let him go, not now Belle."

"Can I ask a question?" She inquired, breaking the awkward silence that had me thinking of how disarrayed my life would be without Aaron.

Her eyes were filled with tenderness as she waited patiently for my response.

"Go on."

"If you weren't a prince where would you stay? Who would you have been?... Sorry I am a curious cat." A smile gradually settled on her lips sending my self-control into a critical demolishing state. My plan was to avoid any form of intimacy tonight, battle all need that never existed from onset, but it was not going well as the longing to kiss her waved through every second.

"I would have owned a ship, be a captain if possible... Living in a small town with no worries will be my goal."

"That is quite a plan. You can live it you want."

"Not as easy as you think. What about you? Imagine not being in this present condition and having it all, where will you go?"

"That is simple, given a chance with freedom and mum in good health...I will move to Valle De Bravo. I know mum will be fine soon enough, so I sure will relocate there."

"What is soo special about Valle the Bravo?" I inquired, as hope gleamed in her eyes.

"It's 'De' not 'The'...You need to say it right," she said, between laughs.

Smiling, I shook my head and repeated my question. "What is special about Valle De Bravo?"

"Nice work mate, you learn fast." She lifted her hands and awarded me a high five.

"Thank you ma'am, now answer. I am a bit curious to know more."

"When Dad was alive we visited Valle De Bravo. A city with all you can wish for...trust me, all..." She waved her hands in demonstration. "Pueblos Mágico, that was the name given by the Mexican government. Soo natural and beautiful...Oh God, the waterfall..."

Her expression was one filled with interest as she continued her tale on a town I never heard about.

"I'm sorry for boring you with all that. I still can't believe I just jumped from the sky. Thank you soo much," She said, probably taking my silence for lack of interest.

"You don't have t-" The banging of the door beside us sounded again. This time, jerking my attention as my eyes trailed to the van who's driver was surrounded by three boys on hood.

Alerted by the sight, I stared at the group but exhaled as the man pulled out a guitar and passed it to a teenager who nodded to an inaudible instruction.

"Can we check that out?" She whispered.

"You want to?"

"If it doesn't intrude your plans. They are about to put on a show."

I turned back to the group and noticed the boys holding on to sticks and rubber buckets.

"It won't, I will be down in a minute. You can go on."

She took off her seatbelt and bolted to the group who took their instrument and position them behind the Van.

***

Annabelle

My intention was still uncertain as I moved to the group of teenagers that surrounded the man on dread, jean and a headscarf rolled around his neck.

"Sorry if I am intruding on your plans, I'm interested in your group. What do you do?"

His smile showed off his white teeth as he led me away from the group of boys arguing on issues I couldn't relate. "We make night music here, supported by the motel but just for fun Miss."

"That is beautiful," I said as his words switched on a light bulb in my head.  "I am Annabelle by the way."

"A Mexican I believe?"

"How did-"

"Stayed in Mexico City for four years and your pronunciation of Annabelle is toxic, with strength and passion."

I burst into laughter and watched him smile, pulling his hair flirtatiously from his face. "I am  Peter."

"An English Man." I took his stretched hands still smiling and enjoying his jovial nature.

"Yo Boss, are we hitting on this or the lady?!" We both turned to the boys who had wide grins as they waved their sticks.

"Sorry about that. How may I help? The boys are anxious to play."

Heavy footsteps sounded behind me, without turning I knew it was Logan and felt a rush to execute my plans. "Do you play Mexican tone?"

His eyes left mine to the figure behind. "You want to dance?"

***

"What was that?" Logan inquired as Peter rushed to the group and whispered what I supposed to be instructions to the boys.

"A little bit of introduction." I smiled turning to see the strain look on his face. It was a strange look that made his lips tight unmasking his brisk tone.

"I am ready when you are!" Peter's voice rang from behind us.

"Belle...What have you done?"

"You requested I dance the flamenco... That's my plan, now hold this and enjoy the scene," I whispered taking off my white flat. I handed them over to him with a smile, before turning to the group.

"You need heels," Peter said, as I approached them.

"Trust me, I rather hurt my toes than dance with heels. It's a risk I accept with all my heart," I said, with shoulders raised as he stroke a string and the boys let their sticks connect with the rubbers they used as drums.

I can't believe you are doing this Belle, I thought as I slowly raised both hands, placing my breathing on edge as I let the mixed feeling of rage and happiness bloomed together from my chest to my toes.

***

Author note.

Hey guys...so your girl is a little bit down and battling with writer's block😫. This is what we Nigerian's call double wahala😓😓. But don't worry I will be fine♥