Chapter 6

Annabelle

We walked out of my room with Logan leading the way, the fact his mum didn't like me meant more work which I dreaded.

"Are you sure you are comfortable in those heels?"

"No, but do I have a choice?" I asked and walked past him. I still didn't know why he was lying to the Queen. It was none of my business so I didn't care to ask, a weekend in the castle and my life will be back to normal.

I took two more steps away from him, when my heels performed the long-awaited miracle. I missed my step, but a hand around my waist held me from falling face first.

"God, Eva," He said, steadying my movement by pulling me to his chest.

"I'm fine, you can take your hands off me."

"Gladly," he muttered and took his hands off my waist.

I stood straight, dusted invisible dirt off my grown with a huff and walked slowly behind him.

I never believed I would ever step into the castle, nor meet the prince, It was a dream come true, but with a nightmare setting that had me caged.

I felt out of place as I walked on the red carpet that rolled through the hallways of closed doors and beautiful large glass windows.

We took a right turn into an alley filled with paintings and picture's of the royal family and their ancestors before them.

This is beautiful.

I stood, marvelled by the picture of the queen and her husband, Prince David the late duke of Cornwell as they stared at the camera with duckish smiles and intertwined gloved hands.

"We will be late for dinner," Logan said, his tone deep with dismay.

I took my eyes off the pictures to Logan who stood impatiently with folded hands.

I've never heard him sound happy or excited.

Well, you just meet him yesterday, in an unpleasant manner, My subconscious answered.

I slowly moved from the pictures, but not without making a promise to visit again, not in a rushed time, but in my quiet and alone time.

I looked around the hallway as we walked past little knight like status. Each polished status held on to a shining sword that looked real with sharp edges.

We took a right turn and moved down the stairs into the dining room where we were met by an elderly lady, and princess Rosemary, Logan's sister. She looked exactly like her pictures, her black hair was packed back and her blue grown fitted her slim body and blue eyes.

"And look who stepped in, my baby brother," she said, with stretched hands.

"Rose don't push it, we both know I'm not ready for this annoying game."

"Come on Logan, let me play the role of elder sister a little," she pleaded with a smirk.

Logan shook his head, walked to the elderly lady and placed a kiss on her cheeks. "Grandma, this is Eva."

"Good evening your highness," I said, with a curtsy.

She moved to me with fast strides and pulled me into her arms "You are so lovely."

"No wonder my brother wanted to keep you a secret," Rose commented, playfully punching Logan's left arm.

"And this is my younger sister, princess Rosemary, wife to the Duke of Norfolk."

"It's so nice to finally meet you," she said. She also pulled me into a warm embrace.

"Nice meeting you too," I said pulling out. I felt my face reddened from the unexpected hospitality.