Chapter 39

Logan

The green in her eyes grew wide and I couldn't help but wonder what her favourite colour was. The glowing eyes darkened in a flash as she suddenly stood, spawning confusion in my head.

"What is wrong?" I inquired confused but nevertheless smiling.

"You just asked me to sleep with you that's what."

"Yes, I just did. Is something wrong?" I asked, now with creased brows as I watched her moved from the gathering of sofas.

"Obviously, that's a flimsy approach to use on a woman."

"And what's the right strategy Belle?"

"You could... You could... I don't want to talk about this." She pressed her lips and shook her head.

"I'm ready to learn, so you need to teach me more. Go on." I leaned back and crossed my legs with my hands spread on top of the sofa. The tension and rapid blinking of her eyes signified she read a wrong meaning to my words. But for some reason I wanted her to voice her thoughts.

I craved her feisty response which was strange.

"You don't ask a lady that in such a way." Her voice was low, losing its thrill as she gestured with both hands.

Holding her gaze, I stood and covered the space between us. I placed my hands on her shoulder while she shrank back with wide eyes and red cheeks that gave her the look of a cute but scared puppy.

"I just need you to sleep in my room tonight."

She arched her brows and I continued my explanation. "I feel uncomfortable in your room and I still need to nurse you for tomorrow's check-up."

Her lips disjoined in an 'Oh' as I  took my hands off her shoulders and watched her create a space between us. Again.

"What were you thinking?"

Her eyes roamed the room but avoided me. "Nothing."

Loving the heat and tension in the room, I took a step forward. "C'mon we are friends, friends express their feelings. I believe I'm right?"

She narrowed her eyes and moved backwards. "It's nothing don't push it. I need to get my stuff for the night." With that, she rushed to the door and slammed it shut.

***

Minutes later she stepped in and like earlier instead of turning to her I continued pressing the 'F' key on the piano. Her shadow chop down on me as I waited for her complaint.

"Can you actually play something else?"

I took my index finger off the key and turned to her. She was changed from her Jean to the pyjamas she wore last night before we left for London and her hair fell on her shoulder and back.

"Yeah, are you interested in listening?"

"If it's going to be different from the garbage you've been playing then go on." She gave an innocent smile and tucked her hair behind her ear as she took her seat facing me

I stretched my hands together, closed my eyes ready to give a splendid performance. Letting out air from my lungs, I started the keys of Jingle Ball.

"Really?" She inquired shaking with laughter.

"Well yes, this is my best and I always play this for Christmas. You laugh like you could play a masterpiece?" I inquired, smiling as I watched her giggled.

"No I can't, I can lip sing and rap in the worst way ever. But that's something right?"

"That's nothing." I shook my head and watched her smile. "I could teach you how to play Jingle bell?"

She wriggled her fingers as she chuckled and like before, I caught myself staring.

"What's your favourite colour?" I inquired, ready to elucidate my curiosity.

"Why are you asking?"

"You know everything about me, I'm just curious." I turned away from the piano focusing all my attention on her.

She replaced her smile with a frown. "I don't think there is a need for that, I will be out of your life  sooner than you imagine."

"I get that, but you are still here so what's your favourite colour?"

"Purple."

"I thought it would be green," I said, shocked by her choice. For a girl with head-on character, black or green would have been perfect for her.

She arched her brows and tilted her head alittle. "Why?"

"Well your eyes, it's beautiful," I said and watched her cheeks grew red from my compliment.

Her eyes fluttered low as she bites her lips. "Thanks."

And again the air was tensed as I watched her avoid my eyes. Shaking my head I  stood from my position before the piano and moved to the bed.

I picked a pillow and walked to the wardrobe for a sheet when the buzzing of her phone filled the air.

I focused my attention on arranging the sofa but her out brust drew my attention.

"But she was fine... I... I spoke to her," she said, her voice jiggling as she confided in the person on the other end.

***

Annabelle

"She's fine Belle, it's just the side effect. I never wanted to tell you this."

I knew Joshua wouldn't have told me about it, but the best friend thumb swear we made during my last visit left him no choice.

"It's bound to happen, Belle you need to be strong."

But I felt nothing close to strong and I knew it was breaking my strong skin as I let my eyes cloud. I placed my hands on the wall of his room and let the tears flow.

Earlier today, I thought everything was going to be fine but I was wrong. It was all breaking just like the hairs falling from the scalp of mum's hair.

The news of her hair loss was a big stroke and I didn't care where I was, nor the fact Logan was probably watching me. I let it all out.

I let my strong skin broke, for the first time in front of someone aside from my mirrored reflection.

I heard him mosey closer but that didn't console me in anyway.

"Belle," he called. The name appeared to have grown in his lips.

He placed his hands on my shoulder and I turned, ready to rebuke his words. But he moved the stray hair covering my face and pulled me into his arms.

"It's going to be alright," he said in a soothing voice that made me hold on to him more than I should.

After seconds of warm embrace and tears, he gently pulled away but held on to my cheeks.

"Everything is going to be fine," he reassured and placed a kiss on my forehead.

That didn't just freeze me to the spot but awkwardly created a warmth in my stomach as I held his soft stares that bestowed assurance.

***

Authors note.

Hey guys, another chapter. Remember to vote and drop a comment.

Now I need you'll to imagine Logan playing jingle bells.😂😂 I couldn't help laughing either.💖💖